10 Gallon tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sure that they only have that rep bc they are used for fighting. Which I'm NOT using mine for fighting. The betta I just got didn't seem agressive but I'm not going to risk it.

I love bettas. I wish I could put one in with my guppies. To me a betta is one of the prettiest small fish there is. And it's a shame they aren't nicer. I would put bettas everywhere If I could

they really arent all mean. my betta lived with platies in a 10

A DG, platys, cherry barbs, in a 60.... they arent all bad just depends on the fish

What do platties look like

Oh gosh those are some beautiful fish, are they able to live in still water? Because I won't be able to get them for quite a while if they can't.

no fish should be in still water... that will result in little oxygenation and will cause issues. if you cant afford to setup a new tank then dont rush into it.

For your 10 gallon plan with the 10 guppies you wouldn't want to put platies in. I have one platy now. I started with more than that. But platies are larger than male guppies which means fewer fish in 10 gallons. And no fish can be in still water. They need oxygen too.

they really arent all mean. my betta lived with platies in a 10

A DG, platys, cherry barbs, in a 60.... they arent all bad just depends on the fish

I wasn't necessarily saying they were mean. I was just saying it's probably not a good idea to put them in with male guppies since they have longer tails. I have guppies and I would love to put a beta in there to top it off but I would be scared there would be a slaughter

Back
Top Bottom