10g Nano Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got another clown today from petco... they just got some in and were on sale :)

Also picked up some zooplankton for the feather dusters.

I do have pictures :D
FTS:
img_1259392_0_7a5a69e3dcc9984a86d96df08b3cb510.jpg

Ring of fire:
img_1259392_1_cd6292298e67c143d2b159a8f8db5c5c.jpg

Clowns:
img_1259392_2_d2cc22c4e32805152c17b849e1083c20.jpg

img_1259392_3_7491489cce9f5bc0ed1d1a8f20277c80.jpg

img_1259392_4_6299f0b85e3b5618fb48bb72c7fb9a14.jpg

What are your water parameters? I also have a 10 g FOWLR and I'm thinking of converting to a reef but I'm having problems with nitrates... I have managed to lower them to 20 ppm but everyone is telling me that the pair of clowns that I have are to much bioload for a 10 g...

Currently... bout 10. I need to go some clean up in the fuge. There is some built up food and waste that's prolly causing that. Usually I've got low levels.

Had my corals for about a month and they are looking great. Just keep up with water changes. If anything go twice a week.

maxst2 said:
Currently... bout 10. I need to go some clean up in the fuge. There is some built up food and waste that's prolly causing that. Usually I've got low levels.

Had my corals for about a month and they are looking great. Just keep up with water changes. If anything go twice a week.

Great! Los like a go ahead for me since you have a similar tank to mine and yours is doing good! Obviously I would have to lower those 20ppm but my concerns was the bioload since I already have 2 clowns a peppermint shrimp and some Nassarius snails.

So you have an ac110 with chaeto and mangrove in it as well? Those are what is really keeping my nitrates down.

Do a fairly big water change.. 4 gals or so... to get those nitrates down. If you have any sponges get rid of them or clean them OFTEN. Sponges are nitrate traps and will make it worse.

Yah if you have any kind of sponge in your tank remove it, like maxst says its nothing but a nitrate trap, I took mine out of a 30gal setup and my nitrates drop a lot after.

Yeah def still a virgin tank.

Well this is all going to be moved into a biocube 29gal here soon. I want something with a canopy and bit more room for coral and the fish that i have. I have 2 clowns and another in QT at LFS which i had them order. Kinda pushing the limits of this tank and I want more coral... so yeah bio cube 29gal with LED lighting. :)

I was gonna say, upgrading in size but downgrading in lighting. Smart idea with the LEDs, nanotuners kit?

Um.. i know im going to use their heatsink... Not sure about anything else though. Having someone just do it for me since i cannot solder at all.

Back
Top Bottom