10G Nano Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tested the nitrites before I went to sleep, very light purple. Expecting 0 when I get home today. Can't wait.

Well I'm guessing the ammonia I dosed got converted over to nitrites quickly, they are around 4-5 ppm again. Guess still needs a little bit longer.

The time has come. Ammo 0, trites 0, trates down to 10. Will be going to my first fish shorty!!!!

:) He is out swimming having a jolly good time.

Attachments

• image-3177740244.jpg
    image-3177740244.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 144
He has made it through the night!! Sounds bad, but being my first sw fish, I wasn't going to keep my hopes up just in case.

Well if all is still well when I get home I'll probably pick up some hermits and a snail. Should I hold out on a coral, they had some cheap zoa frags that I was thinking about getting.

Attachments

• image-3166551381.jpg
    image-3166551381.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 138
Going to this evening. Thinking 8 hermits and a turbo snail!!! Maybe only 4 hermits, idk I can't decide.

Just go easy on the cuc for now, they also need to be fed as well as the fish. :) You can always add as you go.

I would say yeah, go for a small coral and try it out. Don't go spending a fortune but a small frag or two would be good. :)

CUC -
2 hermits MAX in a 10 gal. They are VERY active.
Dozen - Dwarf Cerith
6 - Nassarius Vibex - awesome sand stirrers
1- SMALL turbo, find the smallest you can get.
6- Florida Cerith

About what I have in my tank ATM

Frag of zoa's would be a great starting coral.

Alright. Got some hermits and a turbo, they went straight to munchin on the rocks/sand. Got a nice little zoa frag that is opening up already. It was on a disc with 3 legs like an inch long so I stuck it in the sand because I didn't wanna mess anything up. I would like it on the rock of course. Can I take it off the disc somehow or will it move itself where it wants to be. It look like it's on a rock that is somehow attached to the disc...

Attachments

• image-1815638451.jpg
    image-1815638451.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 109
the zoa's are on the disc. I super glue them to the rock. Eventually, the zoa's will grow over it all.

Well I would put it on the rock but unfortunately underneath the discs there are 3 legs about an inch long burried in sand right now.

Another question, should I turn the light on when I leave for work or can it stay off until I get home?

Go to walmart, and get a timer in the home improvement section. You can get em as cheap as 5 bucks, but they have nicer ones with digi screens and such as well...

Here is a better picture I had of the frag. I love it, it looks awesome under the moonlight but I couldn't get a good picture of it.

Attachments

• image-2764283551.jpg
    image-2764283551.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 124
This is what I'm dealing with. Won't work on the rocks anywhere, can't easily get it off the disc. Not sure where to go from here with it.

Attachments

• image-2802858426.jpg
    image-2802858426.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 115
Back
Top Bottom