10G Nano Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Get some snips and break the bottom bit off so its a flat disc and glue the disk to the rock?

1 dead hermit today. Tested the water, maybe looks like .25ppm ammonia maybe, can't tell. Nitrites 0, nitrates possible up to 15. Will change the water tomorrow. Everyone else looks active and coral is open still.

Hatterz said:
This is what I'm dealing with. Won't work on the rocks anywhere, can't easily get it off the disc. Not sure where to go from here with it.

Use a Dremel with a cut off wheel slice tge stub off if you dint have a Dremel harbor freight usually has the none name brand for like $15

Earliest I can get to the water will be tomorrow morning. What is the easiest way to clean the hair algae off the rocks. Got a magnet cleaner and it did a miracle on the glass, just need a strategy to combat the algae off the rocks.

I was brave enough to cut the coral off the plug. There was a small layer off rock which the coral was attached to, so I just separated the rock from the disc with a knife. 1 of the heads ripped in the process unfortunately and 1 still won't open, but for the most part it looks great. Besides the 1 hermit death everyone looks active and normal. Gonna do water change tomorrow and possibly pick up a timer for the lights.

Attachments

• image-1450309230.jpg
    image-1450309230.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 109
A little worried about the clown. He is still very active looks healthy. Just wont take to eating. I have some marine flakes right now to start off with but he finds it and pokes at it but definitely not eating it. There is plenty of green hair algae in the tank and I thought I saw him eating some that was floating around when I cleaned the glass. Any opinions/morale support?

Have you tried frozen foods yet? Mine like mysis, brine and emerald entree. They also like tiny little pellets. To be honest mine eat just about anything. lol

But for sure give some frozen a shot.

Try different foods def. Mine are pigs as well though too...

Def keep your water in check since you had that spike. Get some extra water so you can have some on hand in case.

You CAN use tap water with prime in it in a pinch.

Light has been really cool. I mean in terms of effectiveness I don't have a clue this is my first saltwater tank but I really like it. The ammonia was like 5 bucks or so.

You think the light will last a while? How are the night leds? and can they be controlled seperately?
could you post a couple of pics of your setup? :D

Thanks!

I have the oddysea fixture on my ten gallon I like it but the moon light LEDs are very bright and can be turned on and off separately from the other lights but can not be dimmed

I have the oddysea fixture on my ten gallon I like it but the moon light LEDs are very bright and can be turned on and off separately from the other lights but can not be dimmed

oh i can just build a pwm circuit to dim it itll take me a few min ;) thanks tho!!!

couple of diodes 555 timer a pot, screwdriver, pcb, solder and wire...
How good are you with circuits? :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom