125 Gal tank. need advice on what I need

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billyboy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, all. I have a 125 Gal tank that I am in no hurry to set up because I want to do it right and with the right supplies. I currently have an Eheim 2217 canister filter as well as gravel, rocks, and plants. I have a heater for a 55 gal tank and am sure I will need another. I am concerned about water circulation. Will the Eheim 2217 be enough? Do I need a pump or anything else that will make my tank a success? Thanks to all who reply.

tanks that size double filtration and heating is best. i would add another larger canister.

I would definitely add another filter.....either a large canister or a large HOB....and another heater.

What kind of fish are you planning on? I'm assuming you want some cichlids since you posted in this section?

Yea I am planning on cichlids. What kind of HOB filter would you suggest and what size do I need?

i would highly recomend an aquaclear110, these things move alot of water and the filtration media is easily arranged to suit your needs..

yes you need another filter and heater. with my cichlids ive always used whisper filters and never had a problem just watch the pH of the tank

I have a 125... my setup is as follows....

Dual lighting bars... 2 100w heaters.. 2 Emperor 400 biowheels and a frugal 305 canister filter to swish it between the two biowheels.. 125lbs of sand... and a lot.. of water xD

Back
Top Bottom