125 gallon salt water build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Imo lions catch a horrid name by the hobbyists... my volitan is every bit of 7 inches and he doesn't bother a single fish. He gets a lil moody when they swim in his face but that's a given.. just gotta make sure you stick to a very dedicated feeding schedule. Lions in general are more than worth the headache. My lion is the first fish that's noticed everytime someone visits.

huma-huma said:
Imo lions catch a horrid name by the hobbyists... my volitan is every bit of 7 inches and he doesn't bother a single fish. He gets a lil moody when they swim in his face but that's a given.. just gotta make sure you stick to a very dedicated feeding schedule. Lions in general are more than worth the headache. My lion is the first fish that's noticed everytime someone visits.

Same lol. I love it when he flares and ppl always ask if they can touch him. I'm like, "Go on ahead, I'll contact poison control" lol

Ty on the tank. I most deff am gonna look into lions. I have always wwanted one. Just not sure how big I wanna go

OK I think we have a good idea on stockingnthe tank. A powder brown tang, yellow tang, bicolor angel, pair of occeloaris clowns, a few firefish, one banggai cardinal, and a blenny n goby. Plus adding various corals. I'm trying to talk the wife into another tank for a snow flake eel, puffer, lionfish and maybe a butterfly so we will see.

The more tanks the merrier! I had a friend in high school (omg I feel old saying that) whose father had 4 tanks set up in their living room with a lion in each and different eels accompanying them. It looked amazing!

Yes they will get along I have a scooter Lenny and a watchman go by in my biocube. I have 4 tanks in mine a 29 and 14 biocube, my 125 salt and my angel tank, kitchen has a 125 gallon cichlid and a small tropical in my bedroom lol

Lol. Tell her it's for the fishies! You need to save the fishies!!! Tell her that somewhere out there there is a little nemo on a sushi plate and if you could have one more tank you could save nemo

Thayts why I went to craigslist and been trading and selling stuff. I have a spare 36 bowfront 30 tall 29 and 10 gallon. But I wanna get like a 75 gal on for the lion n eel n stuff lol

I'm in Ohio. Tank is looking good. Algae is starting to grow already and a few hermit crabs have emerged from the live rock and sand. I'm getting excited lol.

So the build will be very interesting. I stumbled across a 125 tank stand canopy lights as and rock and she corals for 200. Wife saw the pics and we are getting it today. So we will have a reef tank and also a fowlr tank so I can get my lion fish and eel and she can get her puffer lol.

Got the new tank home it is in the garage at the moment will be coming in the house tomorrow or Sunday when I can get help moving it. Here is the tank

IMG00913-20111028-2214.jpg

cool. i think its funny how a lot of these start off in the garage. are you keeping the color of the stand and background?

Ya I am. It is a 36 gallon bowfront that needs recaulked. Then again it could be 46. My Gma in law downsized and gave it to me. I'm taking down my biocube 14 with in the next week or so but hanging onto it. It will go into our nursry when its time with dwarf sea horses.

Back
Top Bottom