2.5 gallon pico reef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice. I have no clue what corals I want either. I'm still not even sure what size tank I want haha. Either between like 2-5.5 somewhere around there's maybe. I don't even know :/

I got the light today. :D
The tank looks awesome.
Lots of evaporation, but everything seems okay.

Post some pics! I wanna see that bad boy! And how much evaporation are you talking about?

Sorry that took so long but here's it after two weeks

Attachments

• image-2902050096.jpg
    image-2902050096.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 145
It's amazing.
One of my favorite tanks.
Did you ever decide to get one?

I think I want the jbj 3 gallon pictotope but I'm eatin for my birthday on the 25th.

Hi guys, I'm in the same boat! I would be content with just a few cleaners and a small crab and/or star fish, but I would like to get a fish or two in it.

Here is mine (this is not my set up, but its the same tank I am prepping)

Attachments

• Salt3.jpg
    Salt3.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 129
Hehe. I put a fish into mine.
Happy to say the tank is cycled.
I've had corals in for a week or two and they're growing great under the light I put on it.
I picked a scooter blenny :3
He's awesome.
(and he eats brine)

Heres a couple pictures of my Aqueon Evolve 8. Everything on it is from the stock setup. I've got a mushroom coral and a leather toadstool coral plus a mis-bar percula clown and a couple hermits.

Attachments

• image-2291608222.jpg
    image-2291608222.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 102
  • image-2998829788.jpg
    image-2998829788.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 108
Huffers said:
Heres a couple pictures of my Aqueon Evolve 8. Everything on it is from the stock setup. I've got a mushroom coral and a leather toadstool coral plus a mis-bar percula clown and a couple hermits.

How long has the tank been set up?
And how long have the rocks been covered like that?

This tanks been set up for about a month. I didn't have to cycle as I used live rock from another established system and natural seawater.

Two of the rocks have always had a lot of hair algae on them. Occasionally I have to clean them but most of the time I leave in on there. Hermits seem to love it.

You could try alittle emerald crab, he'd love to take care of that for you. Might get alittle big for your set up though .-.

Yea I thought about it but the most ill prolly end up doing is add a couple more blue leg hermits. They seem to do an adequate job actually

Back
Top Bottom