20 Gallon Glofish Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you guys ☺️
So no to the sail find, Huh? I'll leave the salt water to the experts for now ?
So I've got ANOTHER issue again...:/
When I bought the four original new fish, one had been not doing so well in the tank at the store, and he died on the trip home. Stress was too much for the little guy :(
So I got another one a few days later and acclimated like I do all my fish for a half an hour. I noticed he swims funny. Almost like in short, nervous twitches. And he chooses this one fish to chase and bully. The lady at the fish store did drop one when she was trying to catch me a fish. Dropped it from probably three feet off the ground. She put it back and said she got me a new one, but I'm starting to think she caught the same one she dropped the way this fish swims. Any thoughts? Should I get some more fish to see if the stress will stop or just wait until my tank cycles? These fish were schooling fine until the addition of this little guy. Any advice would be great. Seems I've only had crummy luck haha :)

•Just keep swimming•

I would say 20l is too small for sailfins. Maybe gold dust mollies or black/Dalmatian mollies.

Thank you guys ☺️
So no to the sail find, Huh? I'll leave the salt water to the experts for now ?
So I've got ANOTHER issue again...:/
When I bought the four original new fish, one had been not doing so well in the tank at the store, and he died on the trip home. Stress was too much for the little guy :(
So I got another one a few days later and acclimated like I do all my fish for a half an hour. I noticed he swims funny. Almost like in short, nervous twitches. And he chooses this one fish to chase and bully. The lady at the fish store did drop one when she was trying to catch me a fish. Dropped it from probably three feet off the ground. She put it back and said she got me a new one, but I'm starting to think she caught the same one she dropped the way this fish swims. Any thoughts? Should I get some more fish to see if the stress will stop or just wait until my tank cycles? These fish were schooling fine until the addition of this little guy. Any advice would be great. Seems I've only had crummy luck haha :)

•Just keep swimming•

I would let your tank cycle first before adding any more fish, too many at once isn't a good idea start with a few then when it's cycled you can add a few more but do it slowly(I mean don't add loads of fish all at once)

I wish you luck and fun with your new hobby, within no time you'll have multiple tank syndrome lol( I've got 6 tanks and it all started after I got my first goldfish.

Sent from fish phone

Alright, thank you! I'm just over protective of them haha :) I think I've already got it ? I'm already planning a five gallon tank that I want come maybe this Christmas. ?

•Just keep swimming•

The short fin is a female. Are you sure it isn't a sailfin female?

It may be a female sailfin but I was just trying to show fin size comparison.

Male short fins will have about the same size fins as that female.

Fishobsessed7

When the lady at petsmart won't sell you a test kit because your 20 gallon is "too small to worry about testing water quality" -.-

•22 gal zebra danio, 75 gal red ear slider•

When the lady at petsmart won't sell you a test kit because your 20 gallon is "too small to worry about testing water quality" -.-

I'd of definitely asked to speak with a manager over that.

I'd of definitely asked to speak with a manager over that.

It was ridiculous, I'm going to a different one. She told me I didn't even have to test my water.

I wish I had a variety of pet stores but we've got petsmarts and petcos and that's about it ?

Each Petsmart is different. My crew would have happily sold you a test kit as I trained them. These days ? They still should.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There's good advice and bad advice, just gotta find which store fits your needs best.

I like petco and petsmart they are both friendly staffed where I live but they keep different stock. As for your cycling and your aquarium I would stick to the 6 danios for about 8 weeks then get more fish. In a 20l tank you would be safe with a few more danios and some other fish like mollies or tetras but I would suggest a few hardy plants that are live such as Amazon swords, rotalla etc they help keep a healthy tank for the fish and they compete algae so you are less likely to get it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have seven right now, I was liking the Molly's too! I started cycling about a week and a half ago. Long ways ahead of me ? it's worth it though. I'll look into those plants! I ordered a piece of driftwood today :) thank you for your advice! :)

It is really worth it, I am starting another tank and I chose silver Molly's to cycle it. I have a 55g with Molly's and tetras so I will just put them in there when I'm done:D for your driftwood it's really cool I love it but make sure to rinse in really good in warm to hot water. I usually boil mine just to make sure there is nothing bad on it. There shouldn't be though I just over do it haha. Rinsing will save some extra dirt from your tank. These are my Molly's

Sent from my LG-D850 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1422930979782.jpg
    1422930979782.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 68
those are gorgeous, I'm leaning towards getting one or two silver Molly's :) I've read that I need to soak the wood for 4-5 days at least and boil it. Is this true?

Back
Top Bottom