20 Gallon long reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So just so I have a clear understanding... Is this representative of the orientation of the sensor in your sump, in the return section with the pump, with the waves being the desired water level in your return section?

If it is, have you physically held the float sensor in its lowest position to see if it triggers the pump to go on (it should)... If it doesn't trigger the pump to go on, then it's definitely (in theory lol) a bad sensor.

So just so I have a clear understanding... Is this representative of the orientation of the sensor in your sump, in the return section with the pump, with the waves being the desired water level in your return section?

If it is, have you physically held the float sensor in its lowest position to see if it triggers the pump to go on (it should)... If it doesn't trigger the pump to go on, then it's definitely (in theory lol) a bad sensor.

That is the one I have. No I haven't done that yet only because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. LOL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would try that... Push down on it and make sure it pumps water until you release. If you push it down and it's not pumping it's for sure something wrong with the sensor. I would remove it and clean it very well and rinse it in RODI either way. You may have something lodged in it preventing full contact to trip the sensor, which may be why sometimes it works and sometimes not...

I would try that... Push down on it and make sure it pumps water until you release. If you push it down and it's not pumping it's for sure something wrong with the sensor. I would remove it and clean it very well and rinse it in RODI either way. You may have something lodged in it preventing full contact to trip the sensor, which may be why sometimes it works and sometimes not...

OK I will do that when I go back to work. Unfortunately I will not be back in the office during the day until Wednesday but I will be going over at least one evening to take some Rodi water to top off the ATO. I will try it then. I'll let you know how that works out.

Sorry Flaxon. I forgot to get back to you on the Ago. I don't know why but It suddenly started working perfectly since I took my 29 gallon tank home.

OK my fish thought they were at a disco. My white lights started blinking on and off. I ordered a new light for the tank last week. I Installed it today and i actually like this one better.

Since i found the spaghetti worm in my 40 gallon i thought i would check my 20 gallon at work to see if they were in there also. Sure enough i have both spaghetti worms and hair worms in this tank.

Attachments

• 1446502487365.jpg
    1446502487365.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 1446502564521.jpg
    1446502564521.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 81
The first picture above is not what i thought it was. After doing some research i found out that its actually a Spionids/Chaetopterid worm that can grow mats on the sand bed and cause your sand bed to fail. Here are some more pictures of this
worm.

Oops hit the wtong button.

Attachments

• 1446653138370.jpg
    1446653138370.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 1446653167654.jpg
    1446653167654.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 76
My paly is not doing well. Not sure whats wrong with it other than these tube duster worms all over it. Can someone take a look and see if you notice anything that could account for its current state.

Attachments

• 1446653808940.jpg
    1446653808940.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 1446653877779.jpg
    1446653877779.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 81
Some of my zoas are not opening all the way and my candy cane has been dying off.

Same issues as I had... Check your alk levels. Actually, check cal and mag too. How's lighting, and what is temp? I also had an issue with temp
creeping up on me..

Temp is between 84 and 86. I took my fan off the sump since the weather was starting to get cooler. Just replaced my light a couple a weeks ago. I have been acclimating the tank to the new light. I have been adjusting it up once a week until i get it where i want it. Will do testing in a little while.

The calcium is 490 and alk is 14.7. I took my mag test home so i cant test that right now.

Yea stop altogether... Do a large 75% water change to get things back under control. I'll give you a quick story:

Had a nice 40 gallon breeder that was packed with LPS, some softies, and a couple SPS.

Started dosing.

Lost corals.

End of story.

If I could redo it, I never would have dosed, and simply relied on water changes...

Back
Top Bottom