20 gallon Q & A build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So is there anything I need to change as to what I'm doing at the moment.
Since adding the additional plants I have turned the light up to 100% on all colors....Good or bad?
I'm running DIY co2
API leaf zone dosed per instructions
Seachem Flourish as per instructions
Have root tabs around all stem plants
Running light 8 hours
weekly 8 gallon water changes and dosing the flourish and leaf zone after water change.
Should I be adding anything else?

So is there anything I need to change as to what I'm doing at the moment.
Since adding the additional plants I have turned the light up to 100% on all colors....Good or bad?
I'm running DIY co2
API leaf zone dosed per instructions
Seachem Flourish as per instructions
Have root tabs around all stem plants
Running light 8 hours
weekly 8 gallon water changes and dosing the flourish and leaf zone after water change.
Should I be adding anything else?

So no input on this so I'm assuming this is all good. On another note all 11 Neon's accounted for 24 hours later. And this fricken light is incredible !!

If you don't get any algae then i wouldn't say you have to change anything

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No 100% yet man.. 60% until they fill in!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No 100% yet man.. 60% until they fill in!

Awww man but its so bright and looks like high def 4K even. Ok I'll turn it down. Should I turn down all the colors?

Yah algae looks awesome in high def. Too!! Just turn the whites down, blues as well..

Should've multi-quoted... Does blue help grow algae? I've got some nasty BBA on my cyperus helferi.

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

I think it fuels GSA but it's completely unfounded.. I'd need.2 identical tanks with a control.. I've just noticed GSA like crazy in certian spots in my tank. Primarily under blue leds.. I'm seeing this experiment through;)

Plants grown "emersed" sometimes have different leaf structures and colors than plants grown submersed.

Tank looks sweet, Mike! Get the blyxa, it'll look awesome!

Thanks RadMax Is this the stuff that looks like sod in some ones front yard? I'm dying to do that.

Yeah, it kinda looks like a nice rye or fescue hahaha. It's really prolific, too. I started with two plants about a month ago, now I've got four. I like it in my tank.

Is this what melting looks like and should I remove this leaf? The one dead center that's covering the heater in the pic.
img_3175568_0_1522ec3545fa9381b254f9acf4b84a04.jpg

And is this normal for the Ludwigia repens to have roots growing out of the stems at all levels of the plant?
img_3175568_1_624dd3b7fb408f96fc4f14e75c016000.jpg

Thats what mine look like...except they are alot more green :(

It's normal for most stem plants to grow "air" roots. Just trim them if they get near the substrate( it will anchor and pull the stem horizontal) or when they get unsightly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thats what mine look like...except they are alot more green :(

It's normal for most stem plants to grow "air" roots. Just trim them if they get near the substrate( it will anchor and pull the stem horizontal) or when they get unsightly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks! Any input on the sword leaf?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If it is melting it is very early. I had some leafs that looked like that but never melted.

Back
Top Bottom