20 gallon Q & A build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Low/med. They'll do best under better lighting though. For moss I'd reccomended xmas or Taiwan.. won't grow out of control, easy and looks great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

1. I would think the star repens are medium lighting.
2. Never used it but java moss?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Low/med. They'll do best under better lighting though. For moss I'd reccomended xmas or Taiwan.. won't grow out of control, easy and looks great.

Thanks !
I guess I lied and have a few more questions.
I'm looking to spend a little less on lighting for this tank and was wondering if there would be any problems going with the 18 to 24 inch plus pro? Would it being 3" shorter on each side of the tank cause problems? Or if I went with just the plus at 24 to 30" would that be low or medium light? Also I know you need to run the co2 on high light but would the co2 be a problem with lower light? Sorry for the questions I just want to be sure I understand and don't make the wrong choices.

18-24 should suffice as it's wicked powerful man... dim it and let the diy co2 rip.. adding plant mass is the main focus before that light goes on though.. nutrients need to be added and recieved by all willing and able bodies..

18-24 should suffice as it's wicked powerful man... dim it and let the diy co2 rip.. adding plant mass is the main focus before that light goes on though.. nutrients need to be added and recieved by all willing and able bodies..

Ok perfect! I'm going to pick up a plus for now and eventually move the plus to a 10 gallon low light dwarf puffer tank when I get the 20 fully planted then Ill get the plus pro for the 20.

Yea its an impressive high tech no co2 tank

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

She eventually hooked up pressurized CO2 on her 220g. But she was the queen of glut. As in Glutaraldehyde. I miss her comments and advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Brookster I see you saying I'll need to dim the pro. Will I ever be able to run that at full power? Or is it flat out overkill?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Brookster I see you saying I'll need to dim the pro. Will I ever be able to run that at full power? Or is it flat out overkill?

If your planted tank game is tight.. it's (said to be) pushing 60-70 par in your tank. That's a lot of light. Plant mass and balance with a great co2 source and fert mix will be the key.. gradual ramp up is a very very good thing.. my tanks were a crash course in what happens when you have to much light and not enough everything else.. messsss

If your planted tank game is tight.. it's (said to be) pushing 60-70 par in your tank. That's a lot of light. Plant mass and balance with a great co2 source and fert mix will be the key.. gradual ramp up is a very very good thing.. my tanks were a crash course in what happens when you have to much light and not enough everything else.. messsss

Thanks again for all your help Brookster. At this point I think I'm going to hang in the medium tech with this tank. Reason being as I look at my midevil and Lyonsi they are both about ready for tank upgrades The midevil is growing like a weed and is going to need a 75 in the next 2 months and the Lyonsi right after that.
Tomorrow I'm going out to get 10 more neons and some more plants though. I'll post some pictures when I do that tomorrow. Thanks again.

Wait for the new finnex 24/7 maybe???

Wait for the new finnex 24/7 maybe???

either that or still go with the plus pro. I just need to slow down a bit. I get crazy with this stuff real fast....who knows though I may pull the trigger on the light tomorrow after I sleep on it.

either that or still go with the plus pro. I just need to slow down a bit. I get crazy with this stuff real fast....who knows though I may pull the trigger on the light tomorrow after I sleep on it.

Jeez I feel like this is an echo of myself... Go big or go home! Haha

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

What other hobby makes you buy 3 bottles of gator aid just to dump it down the drain (hate gator aide) just for the bottles with the larger caps.

What's everyone's opinions on the Ecoxotic E-Series Full Spectrum LED*? It says its 60 par at 18" and 105 at 12" I found it for $119.00 with the remote and ramp up timer

What's everyone's opinions on the Ecoxotic E-Series Full Spectrum LED*? It says its 60 par at 18" and 105 at 12" I found it for $119.00 with the remote and ramp up timer

Pretty much identical to sat pro, currents sister company. Brian_Nano12g runs one, if you havnt seen his tank/s?? Totally worth checking out.

This light is insane!!! Now for the hours of figuring everything out....LOL

They're a good time! Pretty simple to operate I'd guess. You pull the trigger?

Back
Top Bottom