20 gallon standard stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It should be OK to submerse the heater if it's an aquarium heater. If you're worried about it, just get a new one, they aren't very expensive.

IMO you should be fine. All my heaters are fully, or almost fully submersed, with the changing temp dial on top just in case I will ever need it.

So I filled the tank up and no live current! Now I can hide the heater on the ground floor. I wanna thank everyone that contributed. One more question though. What is the max number of corys I could keep in a twenty and how many bristle nose plecos?

Forgot the pic I was gonna add

Attachments

• image-1770006315.jpg
    image-1770006315.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 63
One of my Cory cats is MIA. I feel bad that it might be dead but I feel more worried that I can find him/her to take it out so as to not infect the remanding two.

Okay I got 15 red cherry shrimp yesterday and was wondering, will Cory cats eat juvenile red cherry shrimp?

did you get a bristle nose pleco? I would say do not get one! IMO, you have enough lower level friends... Cory's and shrimp. also the pleco would not do well in your set up... I think you should hold off on getting more fish for now although ..
do you know the sex of that sword that you got? in my experience swords do best in a trio of 1male 2 females... otherwise females get lonely (sometimes sick and die from it) and males get mean and territorial... also I would say don't get any more shrimp because they will bread. then you will be in the position so many of us have found ourselves .. to much stock and not enough tank. that's how I got where I am... started with a 10g - 4 years ago... I now have a 60g, 29g, 2-10g, and 1g (shrimp project in process)

The sex of the rubin sword plant? I don't know how to sex aquatic plants. Do you mean the amazon swords?

question retracted .. sorry

I didn't read it fully and didn't read the description, I thought you may have been referring to a sword as in swordtail fish

Sorry you asked this a few days ago, but I am going to answer oyu anyways. In general, your baby rcs should be fine with corys. If a baby rcs is actually in the way of the corys mouth while it is foraging, then it will probably get eaten. However, the corys really shouldn't actively hunt down the rcs babies or anything. You could likely have a few casualties, but nothing severe at all. :)

Thanks for the info. I think because of the lava rock I have in the tank, the juvenile shrimp just have a lot of good hiding places. I'll see shrimp but never all of them.

Back
Top Bottom