20 gallon stocking help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thejasteam

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i know my options are limited but I'm getting the Marineland LED 20 Aquarium Kit
because it's the biggest I have room for and would like to know a really good stocking plan.... so far i have 3 male guppies in 5 gallon and they will be moved into the 20 gallon. DIMENSIONS=24" x 12" x 16" Filter= bio wheel 150
so.....
3 male guppies...........

That all I am set on getting(since I have them!) Honestly I have no clue what to stock it with. :banghead: I would really like a small fish school(no neons) And a Larger(not to big but like 4 inches..... What about upside down catfish?) bottom feeder(Not really into cories but that could be changed ;) . I really want a rainbow shark but sadly, my tank is to small... :( See my town is lacking a LFS so my options are REALLY limited at petsmart and petco......

Any suggestions Would really help! I;m thinking maybe a dwarf gourami because they are pretty glamorous!! Thanks a TON!

Welcome to AA. Look into getting a group(4-6) emerald green Cory catfish for the bottom. They are on the bigger size for Cory cats. A school of neons would look nice. Any pics?

Sadly i have to wait till wednesday to buy it, for they were out of stock today :( but i'm more looking into singular catfish

You could probably do something like the following:

3 Male Guppies
1 Small Pleco (like Bristlenose; don't get Commons as they get very large even though most pet stores sell them when they are very small) OR a group of 4-6 Corys (I'd stay with the smaller type like Pandas, Dwarf or Pygmy)
1 Dwarf or Sparkling Gourami (for a centerpiece; optional; don't get any larger types like Kissing Gouramis)
A school of 6-8 Tetras, Rasboras, or Danios depending on size

I'd add fish very slowly though as your current filter media only has enough bacteria to support your current fish load and it will need time to adjust when you add new fish. If you get a Gourami add it last to minimize territorial aggression.

Back
Top Bottom