20g planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arborist131

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm currently working on setting up a 20 gallon talk tank. I've got it all set up and cycling with a nice black background and black gravel. Ive got a 20 gallon heater on it with a aquaclear 50 gallon filter.

I really want a nice planted tank, what do I need to do to make the plants thrive? And which plants would work with small guppies?

Arborist131 said:
I'm currently working on setting up a 20 gallon talk tank. I've got it all set up and cycling with a nice black background and black gravel. Ive got a 20 gallon heater on it with a aquaclear 50 gallon filter.

I really want a nice planted tank, what do I need to do to make the plants thrive? And which plants would work with small guppies?

Plants depend on what lighting you have mainly. If you have kit lighting, chances are you'll only sustain low light plants. Go to plantgeek.net and there's a few you could try out, but here's a few to look at.

Anacharis, Anubias, Java fern, Java moss, Crypts.

Most all plants should be fine with guppies.

Ok cool thanks.

I've got 2 coralife compact flourescents, is that enough light? They have a wide spectrum. Sorry can't remember wattage, currently at work.

Was hoping to get some hygro to stretch up the corners of the tank, would that species work well?

Arborist131 said:
Ok cool thanks.

I've got 2 coralife compact flourescents, is that enough light? They have a wide spectrum. Sorry can't remember wattage, currently at work.

Was hoping to get some hygro to stretch up the corners of the tank, would that species work well?

Look at what your lightng is first, then check plantgeek is my best suggestion.

There's all kinds of hygro listed at PG.net, some low/med some needing more light so it's hard to say.

Back
Top Bottom