220 filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

svegas82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What's everyone's opinion on filtration for my 220 SW? right now I have a wet/dry and I'm not really happy with it.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Room for a large sump? Probably anywhere from 75-125 gallon... Then you can go many different ways with filtration options. Skimmer section, could do a nice fuge, reactors, etc... Would love to have that size tank. I run a 20 gallon sump on my 40 gallon tank...

I do have the room just really want to do a refuge but nervous because I've never tried

I've never set up one before

A fuge a just a place to put rocks and macros for extra bio filtration and natural nutrient removal. Not real hard, I'll dig up a link to a couple good articles on sumps and fuges and post it here for you to read through.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2008-01/newbie/
The 3 parter linked at the bottom is even more thorough
Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well how is your current wet/dry set up? A large sump shouldn't be too much different but will give you options for filtration. Just research different sump designs and see what would help you the best... I have a simple design, input-skimmer section-return section.

I have a wet dry system now it's pretty tight for room I have my pump and skimmer in a single section I've heard that the wet dry is a nitrate factory though

I have a 220 system and use a refugium made by ADHI. It's about 60 gallons and fits under the tank in my Stand almost like a glove. Really happy with it. It's kind of a mess at the moment but here are pictures of the various chambers. I use an external pump but you could use the last chamber for an internal pump if you want it. For various reasons I prefer the external pumps.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420207820.103454.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420207848.248297.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420207898.028843.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom