25g Planted Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bl414

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had an idea and I just wanna see if this is too many fish or if you guys think it would work.

Tank: 25g tall
Lights: medium high

Tank is going to be heavily planted

2 keyhole cichlids
6-7 neon tetras
4-5 cory catfish

It's a cichlid, why take a chance. Too much money and time goes into this hobby to let 2 little buggers mess it up. Lol

I guess thats true, i just wanted a pair of centerpiece fish. I think my tank is a bit to small for angels

Still though, I don't wanna cramp them. They get pretty big and need to be in schools

Woah! Not all cichlids mess with plants. I have a keyhole who never touches plants. I have never heard of a keyhole touching plants.
What is the footprint of the tank? Keep an eye on the keyholes and corys. If the keyholes pair up, they may chase/nip corys who go into their territory. I personally suggest getting just 1 keyhole, or else skipping the corys. But, both species are really cool, so if I as you I would just get 1 keyhole. :)
All your stock stays pretty low in the tank. What about adding something that stays a little higher also? If you just get 1 keyhole, you could get a honey gourami or a pair of pearl gouramis. Otherwise, you could proably do another small school of a fish that stays a little higher up like small killis. :)
If you like rainbows, I believe Gerttude's or praecox would be fine for that tank. :)

Many SA cichlids wont touch plants. I would be more worried about african and some CA cichlids. Research is key

Back
Top Bottom