29 + 10 planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks great - yes, I was thinking without a pump. But only saw one presented once here at one society night, never done one so wasn't sure how the water moves around.

Can't figure out what the green machine dinosaur is doing? Is it pearl searching?

Last edited:
20170610_213050-01.jpg

Moving the water around is definitely what I'm sorting out. The plants sewn on to the mesh might be the extent of what I'll do right now.

Bubbles the dinosaur does love the pretty blue marbles. The kuhlis like to move them around, too.

I'm ready for the rotala to fill in more.

I love this Kuhli tunnel you've made. Such a clever idea.
Thanks!

So, bad news. One of the rainbows has been missing since Friday night. I can't find a body.

I've increased the amount of metricide to a teaspoon each day and have a lot less algae. Hooray!

The plants stitched to the mesh almost all died. I'll be trying other things.

The four remaining rainbows aren't schooling. I'm considering getting new and skipping the quarantine. Methylene blue bath and then treat the tank with PraziPro?

I went to the fish nerd place, but they didn't have any furcata. I got some trumpet snails, but they aren't for this tank.

Ammonia today is 2ppm. Where the heck is this body?

Ammonia was 2ppm today again. I'm guessing the body is inside a piece of decor. I tore down my beautiful moss tree and broke open the bridge. Nothing yet. Ugh. I can't figure it out.

20170625_112256-01.jpg
Rebuilding the tree. All of the branches are filled with silicone. Nobody had gotten stuck, but let's just prevent that. Note the new green bridge that doesn't have insides for fish to get stuck in.

20170625_112308.jpg
Also, plants. I'm using the clover as a control. The plant on the left is a Thai hot pepper that the spouse saw at the farmer's market yesterday. Adventures.

IMG_20170701_210604_342-1600x1600.jpg

The moss wasn't taking as well as it had originally, so it's currently in a jar by the window. I've attached a bunch of windelov java fern that I had trimmed back pretty heavily.

Apparently the stauro is super delicious to somebody, because it's almost entirely vanished.

The hydroponic situation is going pretty well. Making minor adjustments all the time. Paprika and Thai Dragon peppers are very happy. Clover is happy. Green onions are growing well enough that I'm able to actively harvest. Zucchini plants melt, and both strawberry and lavender withered. I have a remaining strawberry plant in a tray that barely touches the water. See if that helps.

I *love* the rainbows so much.

I have seen two fry in the past couple of days.

That sounds great on the hydroponic setup. Were the strawberry roots too short? Ours are very shallow growing here.

Ditto on the stauro - almost entirely gone here but the java fern is taking over anyways.

20170710_084512.jpg

No, my dear spouse, you do not have to siphon the plants.

Dela, I felt like the strawberry roots were actually too long. The plant got brown and soft from the bottom up.

Back
Top Bottom