29 + 10 planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She pretty much has not shown any emotion at all.

I know plenty of other kids have it worse, but she's been introduced to chronic illness so early that she stuffers quietly. I wish I could make things better for her, and telling her that I euthanized her beloved pet is the opposite of that.

Congratulations! You're going to be a snail mommy! :) Do you have any idea which snails were the parents?

OMG I would have thought they were too young the lay yet. Just goes to show how much I have to learn.

20170911_004002.jpg

It's hard to see because of the lighting, but, TMaier, you sent me some prolific critters! I didn't want to turn on the light and disturb her.

We're up to seven clutches. Friendy Friend has been hanging out under the first one, so I think she might be eating them as they hatch.

I think I may have counted eleven rainbows the other day, and a couple of them are really tiny. It's really hard to count them, though!

I've been so busy lately that I haven't been able to really enjoy the tanks.

Now that you have all those clutches...do you have a plan for all those snails? I've sold 200+ so far this season and may end up with another 200. It's a fair bit of work selling, packaging and shipping.

I do not have a plan, and I'm a little freaked out by that. I know that the fish nerd place will buy some, but certainly not hundreds.

Friendy Friend can't eat all of them!

You might want to discreetly remove a few. Or knock them to the tank bottom...

It's a part time job rehoming. And I know your plate is pretty full.

You can sell egg clutches on eBay too...

THEY ARE SO CUTE

I'd like to do a kuhli headcount, but I have no idea how. The tank has become very good for them to hide.

We lost Friendy Friend. It was completely my fault and I feel awful. I knocked over the ceramic tree and crushed her. Poor thing.

20171119_220559-01.jpg

I couldn't keep up with the rotala, so I took most of it out. It's so funny to me that there can be a plant that I thought I should buy two of for fear of not having enough and then have too much to even keep up with.

I moved some microsword into the foreground and back corner. I moved the glass that the kuhlis like to hide behind up to the front so that I can see them again.

I think we might have 100 baby mystery snails. The kuhlis like to eat them, though, so.... Sorry snails. They're super cute, though.

I've pretty much completely cut the CO2 off in this tank. The snails don't like it. Oh, what I do for the snails....

Back
Top Bottom