3 gallon Nano kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That would be fine. Don't forget that you still must cycle your tank...
TC

I would not recommend keeping a goby/pistol pair in a 3 gallon. IMO it's just too small. I kept a clown goby in a 2.5 gallon for some time but I wouldn't do it again.

BTW... speaking from experience with the 2.5 gallon, be prepared to top off your 3 gallon twice a day, possibly more. The evaporation is NUTS in such a small tank and it's a pain to stay on top of it.

If it's in the budget, I'd recommend the Biocube 8 gallon. It's easy to set up and IMO you could keep your shrimp and goby in there. I used to have one and really enjoyed it, and I found it was a lot easier to keep it stable. :)

I would not recommend keeping a goby/pistol pair in a 3 gallon. IMO it's just too small. I kept a clown goby in a 2.5 gallon for some time but I wouldn't do it again.

BTW... speaking from experience with the 2.5 gallon, be prepared to top off your 3 gallon twice a day, possibly more. The evaporation is NUTS in such a small tank and it's a pain to stay on top of it.

If it's in the budget, I'd recommend the Biocube 8 gallon. It's easy to set up and IMO you could keep your shrimp and goby in there. I used to have one and really enjoyed it, and I found it was a lot easier to keep it stable. :)
Great advice!

It would work but like the others have said a 3 gallon is extremely difficult to keep up with and keep stable. They can be a lot of work. If you are on a budget you can just buy a standard 10g tank and part it out your self. Not quite as "finished" looking but a heck of a lot cheaper. People use the hang on back filters and with a few small mods make them into a hang out back fuge which would probably be very helpful on a small tank. Look at a few options before you pull the trigger on the 3 gallon.

Don't put fish in it, you are slowly killing them. Its the same thing like lets leave you in a 3 feet by 3 feet room for the rest of your life. lol Not trying to be rude, but i wouldnt suggest keeping fish in it, only if it grows to 1 inch. I wouldn't put a shrimp in it either, thy also need room. Your working with a very limited space. You can use it for zoos and mushroom with a snail and a hermit crab and that would be it.

I would suggest getting at least the 6 gallon nano cube, its a great aquarium, i have it, and its much more better, but still i recomend the 12 gallon nano cube.

Back
Top Bottom