40B Grow out to 75 wet pet.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Following also. Is he schooling with those tetras or chasing them?

Thanks Fishperson. The Hyphessobrycon anisitsi are about the same size length wise. He does chase them a bit but they keep his interest going. Found him sleeping right in the middle of the tank this morning. My last 2 centrals would sleep in hiding. Guess he's comfortable in this tank.

Congrats Mike! At the best looking fish contest last year there was one who was absolutely stunning and measured a hair over 12". Growth rates are quick but not fast but you can expect 1/2" a month or so. Can't wait to see him/her in a year or so!

Congrats Mike! At the best looking fish contest last year there was one who was absolutely stunning and measured a hair over 12". Growth rates are quick but not fast but you can expect 1/2" a month or so. Can't wait to see him/her in a year or so!

Thanks HUKIT. I really like him. All the smaller sa/ca's just didn't spark
my interest like the larger ones do. That was my problem with making a choice. When I got the Lyonsi (still waiting for pictures of yours) I almost chose one of these. Wish I would have realized that a 75 would fit where this 40 is now before I bought everything.

Quick update
everything going good. He's starting to be a jerk to the tetras but no contact just chasing. Here is a couple bad pictures and a video.

img_3289757_0_a4014b349adbc6a5ddae72dd30c43b98.jpg

img_3289757_1_54daee9ab01e091bbb546d081efc0982.jpg

Looks.like the tetras are getting after him.. he needs to.get bigger!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looks.like the tetras are getting after him.. he needs to.get bigger!

What a wuss! He's scared of Buenes Aires tetras:lol:

What did you guys say?? Haha.
I'm hoping I can keep him in this tank till the end of January. He's starting to put a hurting on the tetras. Seems to be growing faster than average.

Looks nice!

I would imagine the BA Tetras can outrun him fine until he gets a bit bigger... They're giving him some exercise, he wont be a couch potato!

I like the looks of the fully grown Argentea, i think you made a good choice :)

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

My lyonsi have decimated the huge school in my tank. I was around 25 or so and the last one was killed yesterday. So it's down to just the heterospila and lyonsi... I'm sure it won't be long until yours is alone too.

My lyonsi have decimated the huge school in my tank. I was around 25 or so and the last one was killed yesterday. So it's down to just the heterospila and lyonsi... I'm sure it won't be long until yours is alone too.

How big are they now? I would really like to see a picture or 2 if you can.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How big are they now? I would really like to see a picture or 2 if you can.

Three of them are around 6"ish and two of them are still around 3" or so. I will try and take some shots when I get a chance.

This guy flat out refuse to eat blood worms or brine shrimp. How ever he takes it away from the tetras but then spits it out. First fish I ever had that prefers pellets over frozen.

This guy flat out refuse to eat blood worms or brine shrimp. How ever he takes it away from the tetras but then spits it out. First fish I ever had that prefers pellets over frozen.

That's bound to.change?? Maybe he gets brain freeze??

That's bound to.change?? Maybe he gets brain freeze??

Lol their thawed. He eats the NLS like most fish are about the blood worms.

Lol their thawed. He eats the NLS like most fish are about the blood worms.

So it's like turning down a steak dinner for beef jerky?? This fish.. i cannot understand this fish..

Back
Top Bottom