40B Grow out to 75 wet pet.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why not get large anubias, tie it to a lava rock, and bury all of the rock except the area with the rhizome under the sand? That way he can't mess it up too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's doing better. I think its just phases they go through. Now he's destroying the sand and up rooting the swords and fake plants.

Enjoying the holidays like some people???:banghead:
Merry Christmas you filthy@#$%^&*()!:eek:

Why not get large anubias, tie it to a lava rock, and bury all of the rock except the area with the rhizome under the sand? That way he can't mess it up too much.

This was meant to make us laugh?:rolleyes:
It made me laugh!:nono:
The image of this fish making the poor tied up anubias submit!:facepalm:

Na. As he grows décor will be removed. I usually just end up with a couple fake log caves for them to hide in. The problem was he was acting like silver dollars. this guy should be ripping things apart not hiding.

Humor huh??? LOL someone is having a good evening.

Good to hear mike. Get us a pic when you get the chance, what's the growth rate been like?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not as fast as the Amphilophus I usually keep but I would say between 1/2 to 3/4" a month. I will be doing a monthly pic/video up date in a few days.

Lol, it wasn't a joke. I was just thinking since some fish seem to rip plants out of the ground that might be a good idea. But if he eats the leaves themselves then I guess not.

Lol, it wasn't a joke. I was just thinking since some fish seem to rip plants out of the ground that might be a good idea. But if he eats the leaves themselves then I guess not.

He eats all vegetation. Like this, this is my old Lyonsi grow out tank. I use fake pants until I find them swimming with them in their mouth. Then all the fake plants go too.

img_3322343_0_8a62d192598a686e70247f264618e05e.jpg

Humor huh??? LOL someone is having a good evening.
An attempt at humor??
Rain day...a little extra time today...

I just thought of one of the videos were the fish was ballistic and honestly thought the plant stood no chance....
Looking forward to the next update...

Here is a quick video update. Dropped a few small pieces of krill in the tank. He don't like going to the top and waits for the tetras to bring it down and drop it. I don't know if this is normal for these guys or if he don't like the LED light. Its only on 20% white but still kind of bright. Another thing I really enjoy is the way the black tail blotch will disappear and reappear right before your eyes.

just uploaded so may be a bit until it shows in HD

Im done with centrals!

Came home from work to find this guy behind the stand dead. This is my 3rd jumper. For now the tank is staying with the 5 buenos aires tetras until I decide what to do.

Big guy jumped?? Oh no mike. What's on there for a top?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Big guy jumped?? Oh no mike. What's on there for a top?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yep. Versa top with the only opening where the filters are. Guess I should have screened that off with something also.
These are the only 2 spots he could have jumped.
img_3327364_0_e4f29e35a6fb7ee75e2c68eb605b98b3.jpg

img_3327364_1_de71b4f926afa625dfdfaa7c217e5f58.jpg

Wow that's sucks Mike, truly sorry to hear that! I think we've all been where you are right now. Let me know if you need something to replace him.

Wow that's sucks Mike, truly sorry to hear that! I think we've all been where you are right now. Let me know if you need something to replace him.

Thanks HUKIT. Yea right now I'm just going to leave it as it is. Its the Lyonsi all over again. He was just starting to get some size to him.

Wow really wanted out or active...
Sorry to hear about him.
All jokes aside do you think he may have been trying to swim 'upstream'???
I mean the only openings are the source of water return....

I'll give you Lyonsi fry the next time they spawn.
Thanks for the offer. Right now I just don't know. Let me know when you are at that point.
Wow really wanted out or active...
Sorry to hear about him.
All jokes aside do you think he may have been trying to swim 'upstream'???
I mean the only openings are the source of water return....

I don't know. The Lyonsi did the same thing. I have a feeling he may have been chasing one of the tetras other than that there is no reasoning as to why.

Back
Top Bottom