4g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today I decided I was going to get a 4g aquarium I looked around quite a bit and wanted one with a wall that could hide the heater and filter. So i decided to go with the Evolve4 I will get it by next Sunday.

Plans for the tank:
Coral:
LPS

Clean Up Crew:
4 Scarlet Hermits
3 Sexy Shrimp
4 Cerith Snails

Maybe some LPS depending on the light.

Questions:
How much Live Rock? Im thinking like 5lbs

do you think that can handle LPS, i read that someone has Candy Cain and brain corals in their tank with that light and they are doing well.

I had this setup not long ago and the light will be sufficient for your mushrooms and zoas. Don't know about anything other than that though. It's a really nice little tank and the sump area behind the tank is very convenient.

I had this setup not long ago and the light will be sufficient for your mushrooms and zoas. Don't know about anything other than that though. It's a really nice little tank and the sump area behind the tank is very convenient.

Yeah the sump area is really what sold it for me. I can't stand showing equipment or hob filters anymore. I know of a light I can get to replace it to grow Lps if this light doesn't work but I read some reviews that it does.

Yea I mean just experiment with it and see what it can do. I never could find any info about just how many watts each LED emits but like I said it opened up zoas just fine so it can be that all bad.

Yea I mean just experiment with it and see what it can do. I never could find any info about just how many watts each LED emits but like I said it opened up zoas just fine so it can be that all bad.

They are diffidently 1w bulbs. have you had any nice growth of the zoas or did it just keep them alive? lol

Where did you find out they were 1 watt bulbs? Just curious. And I wouldn't say I saw a whole lot of growth but they did open up every day under that light. I've since upgraded everything I had in the 4 gallon to a 10 gallon.

i can tell by looking at them they are probably 1w bulbs and the price of the tank was like 60$ and it would cost more then that if they were higher wats probably.

might actually just have sexy shrimp in the tank. I think that may be fun. then maybe a gobbie later on if i think it will work out.

Yea I def know there no more than 1 watts each. In actuality though they are probably less than that. But hey for a $60 tank there not bad. Should have no problem with low light corals.

ISO some ideas for my nano. I'm thinking I want like some type of theme to the tank. I want to put a clam in the tank at some point. A small maxima to grow it out to put in my dt. But what should I do for corals? I want to run an Lps

Ordered my Par38 Bulb Today. Tomorrow I get my Aquarium so there will be pictures up tomorrow night. My rock in my 40g just cycled so im going to use some of that for my 4g because it has plenty. Then I will hope for a quick cycle.

I got my tank today, I am hoping for a speedy cycle beings I used Live rock out of my other tank. I love the little tank but am so glad that I ordered a different light because the one it came with is just terrible...Poor light distribution and bad color. I will be going to the fish store tomorrow to pick up a small peice of dry rock for my aqua scaping because right now I dont like it enough.

I did put sand in the tank because I felt like it would look good and if I decided i didnt like it i would be able to easily remove it.

Still undecided if i want a fish or not for it.

Picture Time - Tell me what you think of the Rocks, I cant decide if I want to stick with that or get some different rocks.

img_2129548_0_8ab75b9e76e1a4be7dd39a838a979acd.jpg

With the lamp for the Par38
img_2129548_1_f601be68c28498667387037d01e5ed5e.jpg

Currently I just have the stock light over it. I ordered a Par38 Bulb that is on the way. I am keeping the stock light because it has an LED moon light setting and the light is on a swing arm so it can be moved to the side when moonlights arnt on.

Not sure how many LB's of live rock or sand I just put in what I thought Felt right to the look of the tank. I may end up buying a bunch of small dry rock to make a different structure out of but at the same time I like what I have. Please let me know what you think.

Stock List
4 Sexy Shrimp
Few Scarlet Hermits
Something to sift sand, Dont know what yet =/

Corals
Mainly LPS,Zoas,Mushrooms I want the tank to be packed full of corals.

May get a tiny protein skimmer later but as of right now I am going just see how things go.

Sounds awesome so far! Im so fascinated with picos!! I dont know why but i just love them. I really wanna do an evolve pico! Good luck with it! Ill be following along

during my cycle i decided to does some Interceptor in the tank to remove any pest. 2 hours later a large bristle worm was trying to clime up and was on top of the rock trying to clime out. I sucked him up and flushed him. waiting for everything else to die!

Back
Top Bottom