4g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yet another rock scape. also found out my ammonia is from my water source. I need new filters so i bought them today and they will be here in a few days. I removed everything living till then.

img_2144026_0_6cef9ccdf659e28f29272fa687f5e9d5.jpg

should be just fine. I was planning on keeping lower light corals in those sections like Ricordea mushrooms, zoas, and ill put some monties there to grow out.

we will see how to goes, I can always get rid of the top rock and just have the bottom it will be plenty of rock.

Alright cool, just a thought, but i cant see from the side to see if it shades the bottom. Looks great!

did a large water change again today and the tank is got 0 ammonia and everything else so I am going to see how a few test corals do. I can always remove them and put them back in my 75g. They have been in for about an hour and my Duncan is fully open, my zoas are all open including GSP (I often dont see this open much in my 75g) and so if the frog spawn.

Sounds like everything is coming along. Why didn't your GSP open up much in your 75?

I think its from the hydroids infesting my tank.

I also think im going to be needing to do another rockscape change because to much area is shaded. i think. Im going to give it a few days and see how the zoas respond because if they like it ill leave it the way it is. what I want to do is have the rocks get covered in corals then move them to my 75g and start with fresh rocks and do that over and over until my 75g is full of corals :) I am starting with the ones I have currently that are mostly Zoas, I am also going to grow out the otehr colonies in the tank in hopes of better success in target feeding them like the duncans.

Uh oh...are they the species that looks like tiny jellyfish?

they are digitus hydroids i lost over 1/2 my corals to them. Couldnt figure out what was causing it...now they have taken over my tank. So i am killing all the rock and recycling it currently

Oh man that really sucks. I tried looking up what the little jellyfish type things were in my refugium and all that came up was a possible species of hydroid. I hope they are harmless...I don't know how I could get rid of them other than just wiping the glass.

Well I am hoping I can remove the problem from my aquarium and luckly Ill have my 4g to house the corals I have left in the mean time. The 4g is having some issues cycling still. it just cant get rid of the .25ppm of ammonia.

Hmmmm that's really weird... There's nothin in your tank creating ammonia?

Maybe die off? I don't know how though. Two days ago my tank was cycled so I dipped all my corals and put them in the tank could this of created ammonia? When I saw the ammonia I could tell because the corals went from being fully open to closing up only a few hours after being put in so I tested saw the ammonia and removed them. This is all I know of that could of created it. The rock is from a tank 2 feet away from it and was pulled out of the water and put directly into the tank.

How long did it cycle? What were the nitrates at the end if the cycle? How many coral did you add? What did you use to cycle your tank?

How long did it cycle? What were the nitrates at the end if the cycle? How many coral did you add? What did you use to cycle your tank?

Cycle lasted about 2 weeks. Nitrates where at ~20. Added about 7 frags, I used the live rock from my other tank to cycle it. And "live sand"

This could be a long shot but you might try adding a little bit of an ammonia source to try and jump statement BB

Back
Top Bottom