5 gallon hex or normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Betta's are tropical and do best in warmer water, we keep ours at 78F. Many people don't use heaters but when water drops below 75F they can begin to get lathargic and below 70F be fatal if left that way too long. So yes a small heater is advisable.

So I found a better deal on amazon, its 14x10x12.24. It's 27 dollers and then I will be buying a small heater for around 10 dollers. So with that, gravel, a few decor, and plants, I'll be looking at about $50.? How's that sound for the whole 5 gallon tank?

I'd say no on the ADF; they are social and need groups, so you'd need at least 2, preferably 3, and a 5 gal is just too small. Also neons, while small, are very active fish so they wouldn't be happy with just a 5 gal to swim in. I'd do the betta and try a snail and some shrimp (if the betta tolerates them).

A bit late on this, but I had a 5 gallon bow front ant it was awesome! Also, the light it came with kept the water nice and warm.

Great! What'd u have in it?

If your asking me, I had a female betta, she had a yellow body with blue/red fins, VERY pretty. A blue mystery snail and 2 ottos. Most will disagree with the ottos, but they were fat,happy and well fed. The bow front,IMO, gives you more room and the filter it came with was super quiet.

Ok, how's this stock look? I plan on lightly planting thia

Attachments

• image-4215119650.jpg
    image-4215119650.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom