5 gallon pea puffer tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I currently have my pea puffer in my 29 gallon tank with my guppies. I am going to be moving him to a 5 gallon tank that i just purchased.

Is there anything that i can put in the tank with him???

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Had my pea puffer in a 20g community no problem.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

You could try a breeding pair of dwarf crayfish, I keep my cray and puff together and they get along fine. I only have 1 cray because my tank has a tiny footprint, but you could maybe do one male and a female in there, and sell the babies once they have babies together. Lots of $$$$$. No other fish though.

Nils

I wouldn't do two Pea puffers in a 5. You could do 2 in a 10 or if it's well planted, 3. The only other thing you could get away with in a 5 is shrimp. Ghost shrimp would be your best bet.

Each one is dif. Kept mine with a few shrimp culls and he never bothered. Later I had to move in an endler who was being a jerk in with him and they were fine together. Each dp is diff so always have a fall back.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

for long term success, a solitaire puffer in the tank is best in a 5g. Not many people are successful at keeping DP in the long run, which I consider to be well over 1 year. If you want tank mates then try dwarf shrimps, such as cherry shrimp. You have to be ok if/when your puffer harasses or kills tank mates.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom