55 Gallon Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbree13

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey this is my first ever planted tank. 55 gallon community tank with 5 discus, 14 neon tetras, 1 Pleco, 6 cory cats!

Attachments

• image-1923598161.jpg
    image-1923598161.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 148
  • image-3302307058.jpg
    image-3302307058.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 142
  • image-3790223003.jpg
    image-3790223003.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 122
Very nice looking tank. Are those amazon swords? What sort of lighting do you have?

I hear discus are a ton of work, yours are beautiful. What do you.feed them?

Thanks! Yes they're amazon swords, I have dual t5 high output lights, with a clay substrate! The discus I bought from an amazing breeder. They are only about 3-4 months old! I feed them this custom discus food the breeder gave me/the recipe is online. I also 30 % water changes twice a week with gravel cleaning each time! It's not alot of work at all especial if you want them to grow out nice and be healthy! They're beautiful fish!

http://archersdiscus.com/discus_food_8.html
That's a link to the food I feed them! That website is amazing about discus (its the breeders website)

Do you inject CO2? I'm in the process of upgrading the lights in my 55 gallon as I just transferred everything from a 29 gallon and ive been experimenting growing plants in that one with LED'S for the last 8 months or so. but I am avoiding CO2 trying to keep it lowtech

I love your tank! I'm just now begining to transfer to a planted tank and have first layer laterite and flourite coming in the mail soon. If you got your lid seperate what's the brand? I love the lid above the tank, but resting on it! I wish I had one like that. And I was wondering what this plant of yours is in the front on the first pic i'll attach and the one in the back on the second pic. :)

image-1368367021.jpg

image-1404346050.jpg

No I don't use co2, discus don't like it! And for the lid, its a lid I got from big als, glass lid with hinges! Should be available at most fish stores, you just got to make sure it fits on the top of your tank!

Oh and for the plants, I'm not sure what the first one is (I forget got it a long time ago) and the second plant if I'm not mistaken is a mellon sword!

Back
Top Bottom