55gal setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is that a ribbon plant there in the middle? I had a handful of those in my tank when I first set it up and was told they are not truly aquatic and won't survive long term. Regardless, your tank looks great!

You know im not sure... I dont remember any of the darn names lol. But ive had that one in my 5 gal for like 3 months now and its been ok under some crappy incandescent light. So if its still alive and growing now... its gotta be ok. hahaha.

Looks real nice, can't wait to see it stocked.

But, that is a ribbon plant, it will eventually rot and foul the water. And the grassy looking ones look like mondo grass which also is not fully aquatic. Same thing will happen.

CO2 gen died... redone it last night and put it up off the floor and out of the stand. I think it was too cold under there and the yeast wasn't happy.

Thinking about getting this. I figure I am going to have a tank with plants in it for a very long time, and if I do I should get something that is pretty much fool proof and automated for my and its protection lol.

http://www.aquacave.com/detail.aspx?ID=1364

Whatca think? If anyone can build a setup that costs less... buy all means give me a list and the place to buy it - NOT EBAY. Perf a store that is sponsoring this site.

Well I was curious of what my PH is... and tested TAP, PuR filter TAP, 55gal water - low range, 55gal high range, and 5 gal water.

Reminder the 55gal has had a diy co2 gen on it for about a week now which has been working for two/3 days at the most continually. Give me thoughts and whatever...

img_1186627_0_c0a93335cd5faa9bccc67679f8a92b0f.jpg

You're not suppose to have the co2 running through out the night only when the lights are on. Plants don't absorb co2 at night and don't produce oxygen either.

Yeah... totally cant stop DIY CO2 my friend. Otherwise I'll have a bunch of nasty exploded in my apartment when the bottles blow from pressure.

Got some algae eating fish(3) - they only grow to be 1.5", for my 5 gal... and they are FEASTING!

Which is good since it def needed some control since ghost shrimp have died off.

Back
Top Bottom