56 Gallon Column Vs. 55 Long for Cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobP614

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I'm having a hard time making sure I get the right tank setup for my new cichlids tanks. I found that PetSmart has a great deal on a 56 gallon column tank it's the tank and stand for $239.99 I can't find a deal like that for a 55 long.

The dims on the column are 30x18x24 in. vs 42x12x20 (maybe 21)

Would this still make for a good African Cichlids tank?

Marineland 56 Gallon Column Style Aquarium and Stand - Black - Sale - Fish - PetSmart

Thanks
Rob

A longer tank would be much better IMO. You should be able to find a used tank much cheaper (or bigger tank for same price ;)) if you look around craigslist and other places.

Welcome to AA!

They have a 75 for $279 tanks and stand...but all my spare equipment is for a 55 or smaller.

I already got screwed over on a tank from craigslist it was covered in scratch and I didn't know until 3 days later when the light hit the glass and I saw them. So I filled it with water and they show really bad...

I ran a Marineland Bio-Wheel Penguin Power Filter 200B and a Marineland H.O.T Filter would that be enough for a 75 Gallon tanks? They are both rated for a 55 Gallon....?

Thanks for the quick reply!!!

chiclids are territorial fish and since territory is based on the bottom dims than the 55 long is better also it allows you to break it up better to provide cover. i have had my 55 long setup with africans a few different times. if you are looking for a cool decor setup try clay pots, leave some for caves and break others make a pile in the middle that stretches to both sides. provides plenty of hidding spots and looks really good.

Back
Top Bottom