75 gal tank build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am still waiting on my tank... FedEx lost it:/ but I have almost everything I need to get it started. Black sand for the substrate, driftwood, rocks, lighting, a glass lid, a cascade 1000 filter, 300 watt heater, my stand all put together.... Etc... Should I add aeration to this tank? It will be a planted tank.... I have aeration in my 36 gal, and ten gal, and I almost have turned them all The way off as I have found I really don't need it other then the fact my fish play on the bubbles... On a tank that is 24 inches high will I have oxygen issues on the bottom... I am going to
Use a spray bar to cycle the water from
The top of the tank to the bottoms to move the oxygen from the surface down. is that enough? Or should I add aeration?
Thanks for the help.
Dan

Emperor 280 filters have a 2 ft. Intake. Or you could always use a power head. But I personally think it is a good idea to move the water @ the bottom of the tank if @ all possible.

My cascade has a very long hose should I put the spray bar at the bottom? Or just use the nozzle the gave me. Or should I get a current maker?

I would just experiment w/ what you already have, and If you start having issues / noticeable dead spots, then add something different. The problem I was having was zero circulation @ the bottom, and now I have too much! I had to unplug my power head b/c it was blowing my new angelfish all over the place.

As long as there is decent flow in a tank and some surface agitation then oxygen is rarely if ever an issue in a tank. I would say skip the bubbles.

Curious, how the heck does fed ex lose a 75g tank?

Ok thanks I'll skip the bubbles, and as far as the lost tank. The first one they broke. The guy called me and said it came off a truck in 5 pieces.... I was sent a new one. Then amazon said ok we will overnight you a new one... I was like great!!!! Then my package went from estimated delivery of the third, to unavailable... I was like what the heck? I call and there like ummm we seem to have misplaced your package we need a description of it.... How small is it.... I was like well its a huge 75 gal fishtank. The laidy goes ok and what color is it. And what does the fish tank look like. I was like. It's a fish tank it is glass and rectangular... Ok well have someone start a search for it. Sometimes with small packages like this it takes a little longer... Have a nice day sir.. I was like wait wait. She goes yes sir. I was like this is not a small package did you look at te dimensions... And get that I said 75 gallons... She goes o. I forgot to put the dimensions down.... I'm like oh great it's never going to be found :/ I got the tank off amazon for 259, with free shipping. However I have had two sent to me with no luck of actually getting them. I might just ask for a refund and go to the new fish store that opened in my town and see what his price is. If you want I can give you the link to
The tAnk. Maybe you will have better luck.

That is nuts! I think you may have convinced me to pick up my next tank in person instead of ordering online. They have a 60 gallon @ pets mart (w/ stand) for $300 that's calling my name!

Back
Top Bottom