8' plywood tank (200+gallons)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HUKIT said:
You know for a build thread there seems to be a shortage of pictures.:popcorn:

Ya I'm picking up the wood for the frame work this week or next just wanna make sure I'm happy with the design before I start making cuts lol :p

Mrc8858 said:
Ya I'm picking up the wood for the frame work this week or next just wanna make sure I'm happy with the design before I start making cuts lol :p

That is very true gotta make sure you like it before cuttin anything lol

Picked up the wood for the stand.... So it begins haha

I was so dissapointed with my lowes today. I had to buy the high grade 2x4s for $4 a board since all their other kinds were chipped, cracked, and warped.... Very sad lumber selection : /

Lowes is like that some time i go there often being a maintenance man we often get our lumber from a better lumber store that deals directly wigh lumber

Ya I have 2 locally and picked the wrong one this time haha I just built my buddies stand (made a thread for it) with the pine studs from the other lowes for $2.37 a board and they were just as clean and straight as these $4 boards :x

Ok so I'm thinking instead of 7' I might as well just go 8' that way my lengths don't need cut, my legs will be perfect halves of a board, and the plywood top and bottom would mean cutting a 4x8 plywood length wise and would save me some cuts and waste. Also a bigger tank lmfao

Ok so I'm thinking instead of 7' I might as well just go 8' that way my lengths don't need cut, my legs will be perfect halves of a board, and the plywood top and bottom would mean cutting a 4x8 plywood length wise and would save me some cuts and waste. Also a bigger tank lmfao

You know they make boards in 12ft lengths right.:brows:

Mrc8858 said:
Ya I have 2 locally and picked the wrong one this time haha I just built my buddies stand (made a thread for it) with the pine studs from the other lowes for $2.37 a board and they were just as clean and straight as these $4 boards :x

It happens lol good and bad weather cheaper or expensive

Mrc8858 said:

Does make things easier

HUKIT said:
You know they make boards in 12ft lengths right.:brows:

8' is the max going into my impala haha...heres the spot its going

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121125_122543.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121125_122543.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 102
I've got two options. Just remove the grate or build the base around it which honestly this house for some reason has about 6 vents in that room so ill just take the grate out and cover it. That should also help battle heating the tank a little bit so might be able to save a couple hundred watts worth of heating.

Mrc8858 said:
I've got two options. Just remove the grate or build the base around it which honestly this house for some reason has about 6 vents in that room so ill just take the grate out and cover it. That should also help battle heating the tank a little bit so might be able to save a couple hundred watts worth of heating.

That is true should help heating the tank taking out the grate and covering it sounds like a good idea before you do that though do the vent grates have a little lever to close off air flow ive seen that on some you could do that unless you want the heated airflow underneath the stand to help heat the tank

Nope no lever... Having the lengths layed out and the legs cut at 4' is making me realize this is gonna be a MONSTER haha

Hope my 3 1/2 inch festae isn't crowded in here lmfao

Back
Top Bottom