90 gallon start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would recommend to have your tank up and running for atleast 6 months before introducing an anenome into your tank just from the research I have done. Hows your skimmer doing? How did you adjust it? Emptied mine twice since I had it hooked up - smells really bad haha.

Good advice.

Haha mines still gettin kind of a wet skim but its skimming alot more and my parameters are spot on :) also idk for sure how long my tanks been up haha.

I hooked mine up a week ago and have been at work for 5 days with 10 days to go. So I will hopefully be able to tell a big difference when I get home.

Sweet. Let us know! I think I gotta tweak mine a little more :p I want that dry skim.

Haha I don't have any bubble corral. I wanna get some though. I'm seriously considering getting an anemone but idk if I wanna go through the hassle. And I really don't want another anemone to really like behind all my rocks upside down. :p

Same here that's why I decided not to get one at this time. plus my tank is still new as well so it has to mature first anyway.

Yeah. But I'm starting to imagine how much better my tank would look with a nice anemone sittin in there :)

Yeah :p today I cleaned my entire tank and rescaped a part and moved coral and it all looks way different.

Looks really good. You have so many small frags all over. I only have like 3 or 4 pieces in my 55 right now. That conch in the corner looks huge! How do you like it?

I know :) I like all my tiny frags :) it'll look great when it's all grown together :) and he's huge! It'd be a lot better with a bigger sand bed.

Yeah, I want to get a conch but the LFS's I usually swing by never have any. I'm worried too because I have a sand sifting sea star and I want to make sure he has enough to survive as well as the conch too I dont know if there would be a conflict there.

Okay. What are the easiest anemones to keep? I tried one one time in my 29 and its favorite spot was upside down on the sand bed behind all my rock work.

From what I've read, BTA are the easiest to keep. My daughter talked me into one before my tank had been up 6 months, and mines doing great!! It was a little bleached when I got it and now it's almost as dark as the rocks!! Haha But my water parameters don't have big swings and I've never had a bout of cyano or hair algae, so my waters pretty good. I also got lucky in that mine decided to stay at the front top of the tank (at least for now), so I get a good view of it every day. :)

Back
Top Bottom