A couple questions on a couple tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only use Firefox.. I dont notice what your talking about...

Firefox at my dads house doesn't let me use the Quote Selected button. So I just copied the first line in my post from your post.

Regarding the lights not getting turned off- That's only because Sunday was the day that you guys gave me the idea to turn the lights on for 6 hours per day. Yesterday he turned them on at 10:00 and off at 4:00. We'll keep up with that schedule and see how it goes. When he goes back to school in July, then we may get a timer for the 10 gal tank, but right now, since he's there most of the day, it's not an issue. If it's something that we can do manually, I would rather not spend the money right now. I have to buy a new washer/dryer and lighting for the new house so if it can be avoided then I'd rather just do it manually. I do have a gift card to a fish store that I'm going to tonight. I'll check the place out.

ahh.. the pop-up blocker.. I can pm you on how to fix that if you would like..

Its good to hear that the tank is getting the lights turned off..
getting timers when you can better afford them would be a better idea.. it is possible to take care of it manually.. :mrgreen:

OT - heheh, having switched to FireFox I would never go back to IE. This browser is simply incredible - and absolutely zero popups :D

The place that I have the giftcard doesn't have timers, but I am going to try and get some phosphate removing media. I just don't know where I am going to put it. I don't want it just sitting in the tank. That would take away from the fish. Maybe I'll try to make-shift it into the filter. I'm assuming that the algae is what is making my filter pad so dark green.

I don't have problems with popups with IE. I think it's automatically built into my virus protection beacuse I don't get popups. I just tried Firefox beacuse of the Photo Gallery issue that happened a couple months ago. Now my dad is so used to Firefox that he uses it all the time. And with him being a complete Computer idiot, I hate to change anything on him. But his computer is the only one with it though.

I tweaked Firefox like crazy.. it actually runs at least twice as fast on my computer then IE does.. The pop-up blocker is just an added bonus!
I would also look into getting the timers somewhere other than a LFS.. department store or hardware store would have to be cheaper.. even a "big-lots" type store might have these..

Back
Top Bottom