ADF, Betta and RCS? Bad idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimkat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!
I have gotten RCS about 2 weeks ago. I have about 6...some of them are grown while others are juvenile.
I am looking into adding some ADFs into this 5 gallon with them.

However, I have heard that ADFs tend to eat smaller shrimp, which is why I'm planning to grow them a bit more until they don't fit into the ADF's mouth.

At the same time, I have also heard that it is better to introduce Betta into the tank after the ADFs and RCS to minimize aggression. I'm not even sure if this is true or just speculation.

Do you think I should wait to add either the ADF or RCS before the betta? I have the betta temporarily in a 1 gallon for now.

Nevermind, I ended up just putting the betta fish in the tank with the RCS...he ended up eating one. ;_; There goes my community tank idea.
I had to separate them. I guess I'll just put the cherries in the 1 gallon and move my betta into the 5. ;_;

Yeah bettas and adf will eat shrimp. My bettas terrorized ghost shrimp even and those are big.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have rcs and 5 adfs. The frogs can't catch the shrimp, not for lack of trying. However they've gotten lazy and don't even try anymore. Hell, my cherries swarm the food dish when I feed the frogs and the frogs don't even care. As you can see! As long as there's ample places for the cherries to hide. One or two may get nabbed at first but it doesn't take long for them to wise up to the frogs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1424326048560.jpg
    1424326048560.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 66
Bettas are another story. Can still become agressive and terrorize. I'd stick with adfs and rcs only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom