African dwarf frog compatpilty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is the African dwarf frog compatible with African cichlid? Also what do they eat if they are

I'm thinking probably not--ADFs are incredibly sensitive to injury and can be killed by guppies. Throw in a territorial fish and a mostly blind frog, and even if they don't try to hunt him down, if he blunders into their territory, they'll probably bite him and then you'd bare minimum have health problems with the frog. This is providing they didn't go after him more voraciously.

KaylNeko said:
I'm thinking probably not--ADFs are incredibly sensitive to injury and can be killed by guppies. Throw in a territorial fish and a mostly blind frog, and even if they don't try to hunt him down, if he blunders into their territory, they'll probably bite him and then you'd bare minimum have health problems with the frog. This is providing they didn't go after him more voraciously.

Oh lol ok thanks!! Since it had African in it I thought it would go with the" theme".

Makes sense, and if they weren't so sensitive, I could totally see them in a tank with some of the more peaceful dwarf cichlids. And someone might chime in that's kept them together. I'm just thinking about how fragile the frogs are and wouldn't risk it. Keeping them with bettas (who don't have issues with other critters in their tank) is fairly popular. I'm looking at having one in my 55 gallon--we'll see how they get on with pearl gouramis. I may not, for the same reasons I gave you now that I think about it *lol* Pearls are peaceful, but they can get territorial sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom