Albino Corys acting odd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wxruss8

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey there,

I just got 3 albino corydoras to put in my 10 gallon with 5 small guppies. Two of the corys swim around looking for food, acting normal. One of them however is constantly darting from one side of the tank to the other. He swims so fast he leaves a wake on the surface! I'll try to get a video in a few minutes. Any idea as to why he's doing this?

Have you checked the water parameters?

The best thing you can do WHENEVER a fish acts strangely/sickly is a 50% water change! Most likely something wrong there....

But it could also just be looking for food, aeneus cories are very active! (Besides that they are super cute!)

because that is what they do. albino cory cats are very active.

Ahhh, OK. I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I do enjoy watching him though. Here's a quick video. https://youtu.be/sGfxS8xBG4c

(You will see 7 guppies, 2 of them are there temporarily until I get their home situated).

Last edited:
Wow, now I know what you meant by wanes at the top of the tank!

they are active, but that does look weird how they keep going in the corners... Maybe they need more space....

Back
Top Bottom