Am i overstocked and will there be any problems with tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Indstrctbl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was wondering if I am overstocked. We currently have a 29 gallon tank with a penguin 230 filter.
14 guppies
2 black mollies
2 zebra danios
1 rubber nose pleco
1 male Betta
1 rainbow shark

I also am wondering if the fish will work with each other. Any advice would be awesome. Thank you in advance

Jimmy

first off have you read up on the nitrogen cycle?

and the only fish i might be concerned about may be the rainbow shark but ive never had them so im not sure

Indstrctbl said:
I was wondering if I am overstocked. We currently have a 29 gallon tank with a penguin 230 filter.
14 guppies
2 black mollies
2 zebra danios
1 rubber nose pleco
1 male Betta
1 rainbow shark

I also am wondering if the fish will work with each other. Any advice would be awesome. Thank you in advance

Jimmy

Hi and welcome!
I'd say you are slightly over stocked. The rainbow shark requires a tank 55g or more. And id suggest cutting the number of guppies by half so the danios can have a school of 6 or more of their own kind. Watch the Betta like a hawk. They are very iffy with guppies because they believe the flowing tails pose a threat.
Is the tank cycled?
Please read this.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/guide-to-starting-a-freshwater-aquarium-186089.html

Back
Top Bottom