Amiphod?copeod?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am far from an expert, but this post rally caught my attention, and I researched it a whole lot and I would agree with s007m77, I believe they are baby mantis shrimp

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The behavior sounds the same from everything I've looked up, and they appear to resemble each other a great deal, especially because there are so many different types

Attachments

• 1427410029289.jpg
    1427410029289.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 83
Okay wow i think i have serious mantis shrimp problem growing i disturbed some things last night and one burrow next to the glass taking pics now

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mantis shrimp get very large the only way I can see that you would have a population of babies is if you added live rock

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would say you have a whole lot of young mantis shrimp

Attachments

• 1427425839602.jpg
    1427425839602.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 72
The aquarium was a gift and it had live sand and live rock along with 6 corals and a booming population of pods ive added 4 corals they were from very sterile environments before i brought them home, i want to say the tanks 7 months old but im unsure iv only had it for 3 and im trusting the person who gave me the tank properly cycled it, because he has multiple reef tanks, iv tested and all params are good

The behavior sounds like mantis shrimp but the population sounds like it's some sort of very large pod

If you didn't add live rock recently that's a strike against it being a mantis shrimp

So what do i do about this? This tank is stacked as is, i dunno if they can even grow and mature properly in a tank this small, i only have roughly 2 gallons, im planning on setting up a 10g but waiting till i gather everything i need

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427426610.238534.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427426638.704885.jpg these were attached together when i bought it, but i broke it apart for viewing pleasure this was 2 months ago but was from the cleanest/most healthy lfs around

If there not attacking aneything let them in there see what thay look like in a month

Any suggestions on removal? Id really rather not wait till they are large and dangerous to handle

if it's on the rock after lights out , use a red light and see where it is grab it off rock with a pair of tweezers , if you can sneak up to it

I think the op said there was a lot of them. Not just one.

If this is true, this would be the first case of a mantis shrimp infestation I have ever heard of. I highly doubt this is the case.

Still looks like an amphipod to me lol.

Mantis shrimp get very large the only way I can see that you would have a population of babies is if you added live rock

Im with mr-x

Back
Top Bottom