Anthias

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefmob

Aquarium Advice Activist
WHat kind are these ?
Any tips to keep them?

Thanks

Attachments

• image-3151139802.jpg
    image-3151139802.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 107
  • image-3217535529.jpg
    image-3217535529.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 105
  • image-1652111271.jpg
    image-1652111271.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 92
And very susceptible to bacterial and protozoan infections, any amount of stress seems to trigger problems". Bob Fenner-conscientious marine aquarist.
Hope this helps

Really cool fish, btw. Think I'll be getting a few of these as well. They like a lot of current and are quite active, and beautifully colored. Also said they can be jumpers! I like the fat- head Anthias too!

Yeah they I just got them yesterday they seem to be ok swimming in the middle of the water column. I got one male and two female. The male sometimes beats up the girls because the more dominant fish will turn into the male

Yes they are bartlets anthias. I had a few of them and they really never did too great. After them I got the lyretail anthias and they do much better. As far as those you have try feeding frozen mysis and frozen vitamin fortified brine.

Pseudanthias bartlettorum - so that should be Bartletts' Anthias (named after a couple, so note the position of the '). Great fish. I would definitely mix up the food a bit - small crustaceans, fish eggs, etc. Good luck.

Tony

Back
Top Bottom