Any input into breeding apistogramma erempogyne?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So can you just let the black worms live in the sand or will that muck up the water parameters?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They're not going to starve themselves;) sometimes it just takes a couple days... I'll eat pond mud after a few days geesh...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421890821.584582.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421890852.984216.jpg

Oh my these fish are impressing me. They just slowly swim around each other and get this stance going. Their eyes go totally black. It's amazing.

She's got her lipstick on to huh?? Apistos are a good time:)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421972380.199979.jpg
This is my macmasteri girl...any clue what's wrong with her? Whitish area around both gills, clamped gills?

She's been removed? Put her in the main tank and treat the entries tank with aquarium salt for the time being.. gillie will have further, more in depth treatments..

She's been removed? Put her in the main tank and treat the entries tank with aquarium salt for the time being.. gillie will have further, more in depth treatments..

I agree. Moving her to the small container is going to stress her and possibly make the infection get worse. If she was in the main tank then the whole tank may be infected any way.

I just set up a 6 gallon hospital tank...

And treated with bifuran after speaking with the lfs I regularly go to.

My main tank is planted which is why I didn't use salt. I will do it and kill my plants to save the fish but no other fish are acting abnormally and appear well.

The reason I moved her and noticed she wasn't well was because she was in the corner by the filter looking stressed. I got scared she was getting bullied and then I saw the white areas...same in both sides exactly.

I've used light salt in a planted tank for a few.days.. it's just until someone chimes in with a better treatment.. have you posted in sick fish section?

Looks like fungus..when a fish is put in less than desirable water parameters it can bring out the worst.. how often you changing water? Latest test results?

Tested when I saw it. 0,0,25

It's not fuzzy though. It's the color of the skin the best I can tell

Nitrates are too high.. these fish need really pristine conditions.. how often you change water? I forget.. what's your water like? Ph? Gh?

I'm going to clean my canister tomorrow and do a large water change
75 gallon and I'm doing 50 percent water changes weekly. Hard water w ph of 7.6. I don't use RO in my main tank

Lay it on me...can I not keep these in my tap water?

I'll return them as much as I enjoy them...don't want them to suffer. I can't do RO in my 75 gallon. ?

Lay it on me...can I not keep these in my tap water?

I'll return them as much as I enjoy them...don't want them to suffer. I can't do RO in my 75 gallon. ?

I keep mine in tap, not all tap is created equal though.. have you tested yours?where do you live? You can google water reports for tds, ph, gh, and all that jazz.

Back
Top Bottom