Anyone experienced with Jewels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mbratcher13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a single jewel, I believe male and he is a total bully no matter who I put him in a tank with! He started in my cichlid only tank, where he beat up a jack Dempsey constantly who was smaller and chewed up his tail. So I removed the jack. Then my convicts in that tank had fry so I removed all fish. Put the jewel in with 2 oscars (much larger) and a clown knife almost double his size. He tore the clown knife to shreds and oscars act scared of him. Put him with a red devil in the same tank we have divided and over night he somehow got over the divider and chewed the clown knife even more. I think his beautiful and don't want to get rid of him, but is their anything I can do? All areas he's been are planted and have caves.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I'm afraid you just have a bad fish.
I have a Red Top who is exactly the same, just won't stop picking on everyone.
If the fish has been in a tank for a long time I'd remove the fish for a week or two and do a MAJOR re-scape.
Perhaps adding it back afterwards will calm it down a tad as other fish will have taken its place.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom