Apistogramma care/info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've added about 6-7 more rocks! The tank looks great! Just need your opinions! All or most photos to do with my tank will be in my album :) it's called 10g apistogramma tank. Ps: the caves entrance is still there, you just can't see it.

Yea then your gonna want them before that or your really gonna have to wait

Yeah I know :( I'm going to be really upset if they can't find them :( after all, I've had my heart set on them for six months but, I will order some different types of apistogramma and put some in the tanks :) but I think they'll find them because I'll keep bothering them

I have a question about apist cac breeding. Well mabey a few questions.
First of al my paramaters are
Ph 7.4
Ammo 0
No2 0
No3 10
Po4 1.5-2
Temp 77 +/-1F
Hardness 8dKh
Questions are do I need to adjust anything for them to want to breed like make the water a little softer or the Ph a little lower? I can start mixing in some ro water in the water change water if needed. Also do they need a flat rock like rams do or will they just lay the eggs in there cave? Also should I lower my flow rate a little? I have a Rena filstar xp2 on a 20g. Also I have some panda cories should I put the cories in a breeder net or the apistos and there eggs in the breeder net? I had one more mut forgot what it was lol. I'll remember sometime though.

I'd say your water is fine. My ph is lower than yours but my water is way harder. They like caves and will breed on the roof if the cave. As for the corys they won't make them not breed but they will eat the eggs once laid. So move them if you can.

I have a question about apist cac breeding. Well mabey a few questions.
First of al my paramaters are
Ph 7.4
Ammo 0
No2 0
No3 10
Po4 1.5-2
Temp 77 +/-1F
Hardness 8dKh
Questions are do I need to adjust anything for them to want to breed like make the water a little softer or the Ph a little lower? I can start mixing in some ro water in the water change water if needed. Also do they need a flat rock like rams do or will they just lay the eggs in there cave? Also should I lower my flow rate a little? I have a Rena filstar xp2 on a 20g. Also I have some panda cories should I put the cories in a breeder net or the apistos and there eggs in the breeder net? I had one more mut forgot what it was lol. I'll remember sometime though.

They prefer a pH in the 6s, but a stable pH is better. They spawn in caves and will injure the cories if they don't have their own space :)

Thank you for the advice I think I'm gonna put a piece of slate down in one of the caves for them as the caves are pieces of dw and covered in moss. Hopefully they end up claiming said cave. Yes I knew about the cories eating the eggs now when you said remove them did you mean the cories? Could I just put the cories in the breeder net I have when i notice the apistos are laying or have laid the eggs.

Thank you for the advice I think I'm gonna put a piece of slate down in one of the caves for them as the caves are pieces of dw and covered in moss. Hopefully they end up claiming said cave. Yes I knew about the cories eating the eggs now when you said remove them did you mean the cories? Could I just put the cories in the breeder net I have when i notice the apistos are laying or have laid the eggs.

Yea the corys, the breeder net works

Alright in my album MTS I have two pictures of how I set up apisto caves. Using three flat rocks I put to on the side and one over the top. Then cover one end with either sand or another rock. The cave should be bigger enough so two fish can't really fit in there at the same time.

Hey sam (great name btw never told you that) there is a guy on aquabid who sells a few not so common apistos out of Scotland. Shipping to the uk is like 15 for express. Sellers name is Strathclyde

Hey sam (great name btw never told you that) there is a guy on aquabid who sells a few not so common apistos out of Scotland. Shipping to the uk is like 15 for express. Sellers name is Strathclyde

Aw thanks a bunch! I will take a look in the morning :( check out my thread in general discussion. It goes into more detail about what happened :( it's called feeding defeated.

While my mum was shopping in a garden centre, I took a look round their fish store. I was seeing loads of fish I never usually see stocked at LFS near me. Bumble bee gobies, EBR, discus etc etc. After going round all the tanks for the 7th time, a bright very small orange fish caught my eye. It didn't have a label but I asked and it was indeed an apisto cacatoides. I asked if they special order, and they do! I ordered a. Agassizi and a.panduro. He said they usually get in Agassizi weekly and the rough price for a pair was £30! I don't know how many to get since that's expensive!

Back
Top Bottom