Aquascaping Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russianaquarium

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, could I get some advice on how to rescape my tank... I dont like it for some reason something is out of place or missing, but can't figure it out... what can I add/change/move? Thanks (what im not liking most is the hornwort which is to the left of the drift wood.)

Attachments

• DSCF0386.jpg
    DSCF0386.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCF0387.jpg
    DSCF0387.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 85
I would take the plant in the front left and move it to the back right. It's distracting up front due to its height. Also, plants in groups tend to look more natural.
I would move the hornwort in the middle back between to DW and stone.

DW looks good.
You may want to play around with the position of the stone. Or leave it in place and find similar color and shaped stones (smaller) and set them at the base of the large stone.

What about a backing. A solid black or other dark piece of that plastic cardboard stuff between the back glass and hob filter. It makes everything else pop

Update

Alright awesome what else? Did some moving around and a water change.

Attachments

• DSCF0388.jpg
    DSCF0388.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF0389.jpg
    DSCF0389.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 54
Rock placement looks good. Especially how it builds up toward the right.
For the stem plants (not the hornwort), I would trim them when they get half the height of the tank and replant the trimmings. Repeat this a few times and you will have a thick, green background.

Yes thats what I have been doing with the Bacopa Caroliniana, it grows pretty quick. Thanks, Still thinking what to do on the left side.

Hi im trying to get some large rock and plants as such could you share where you got your rocks and trees as my tank looks a bit bare at the moment

I got my driftwood from a river in my back yard, cleaned it very well and torched it to kill anything else on it... Have changed DW 3 times and havn't had any problems.. rocks I just found them at places like fishing spots, and basically stones you can find around your backyard... I just searched for them where ever I would go and found some pretty cool ones.. Thanks

Awesome never thought you could put normal stones in least i can save money on the ornaments is there anything i need to do to the stones before i put them in the tank

I just wash them and clean them with a brush and make sure they have no weird spots or mold or rust... other than that they are good.

Back
Top Bottom