Are pearl gouramis agressive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO from keeping them off and on over the years I've found they tend to be one of the least aggressive gourami species. But it always boils down to the individuals temperament.

Really, wow I thought they might have been semi agressive, so do you think one would be ok in a 29 gallon planted with red eye tetras, 2 guppies, a honey gourami, kuhli loaches, and a Bolivian ram?

Really, so would it be better to keep a dwarf gourami? Ps. I only have the red eye tetras, guppies, kuhlis, and ram and a Raphael cat so I can change some fish, I'm looking for something that will show and is a top/ middle level swimmer

Well, in te first post of your stock it says you have A honey groumai, so I wouldn't add anthor one if you do, but if you don't then I would def add a dwarf one

Ok I'll add a dwarf, I don't have the honey so I think I'll add a dwarf, can I add a honey & a dwarf?

Hmm, I would only add one or the other because you never know what there temperament might be as Rivercats said. You might end up with a shy one and a physco one

Ok thanks for the advice! I think a flame dwarf would look good against black gravel huh? Or would a powder blue look nicer?

They would both have great colors, the darker the gravel the deeper the colors. I think I'm going with black blasting sand in my next tank for the next reason

Yea black sand looks great! Thought mine would look boring, but it has this special glow to it, it looks very nice as it has like a bit if white Sand too

Yep and it make the color pop out, though I can't decide if I want the back ground black to though haha.

Back
Top Bottom