Attempting to get back into the hobby...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMaffei

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
First off I would like to say hello to everyone. I am somewhat of a newbie. It has been over 10 years since I have had an aquarium up and running so I am learning everything all over again!

My wife and I are having trouble coming to an agreement as to what type of fish to have in the tank. I am partial to more aggressive fish (used to have Tiger Oscars). She on the other hand like pretty colorful fish, especially those that tend to school.

I have been doing a lot of reading lately and would like to hear some suggestions from members as to what a good combination of aquatic life might be that my wife and I will both be happy with. The size of the aquarium is going to be either a 55g or a 180g (I know, big difference. I have the 55g now, I might be getting the 180g for the 55g and cash in trade).

Any advice/information is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
James

Well, sorry to say louise, but if he wants to add driftwood to his 180 gallon tank, he is gonna need a whole lot more than one peice! I also like cardinals but am more partial to neon tetras and rasboras. If you go larger fish I suggests African Cichlids.

My wife and I are having trouble coming to an agreement as to what type of fish to have in the tank. I am partial to more aggressive fish (used to have Tiger Oscars). She on the other hand like pretty colorful fish, especially those that tend to school.

Just put the agressive fish in with the schooling fish and see which wins...argument solved! :slurp:

But seriously--

How about discus and tetras?
Barbs and cichlids?

Back
Top Bottom