Balloon molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erin Sarah

Aquarium Advice Regular
My balloon Molly has just had some fry, I have them in a breeding net with some pet moss, what else do I need to do. Any information would help

Just feed them 2-4 times a day on really crushed flake food. Also if you can move them to another empty tank.

I don't have another tank will they be fine in the breeding net

Oh you don't have to. I only suggested another tank since it gives them growing room. I don't move my fry but some people do. They can be released into the main tank at about 1 inch long.

Can you give me anymore information, how long will they take to grow, people have told me they can eat the moss and live off it, is that true?

Can you give me anymore information, how long will they take to grow, people have told me they can eat the moss and live off it, is that true?

To an extent, I suppose- they will eat microorganisms and such that live on the moss, but they do not eat the moss itself. You really should be feeding them or they might starve.

Erin Sarah said:

Well it depends the setup youve got them in. I think if you feed them 3-4 times a day they tend to grow quicker.I also think that given more space they grow quicker. Remember to vary their diet and feed them live and frozen foods. I wouldn't just feed them moss.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom