beginner here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with AshleyNicole on the fishless cycle...so you dont torture the poor fish...i wish i would have know about it before...2 months ago i got my 5gal tank and got 2 platies to get the cycle going...yesterday i got a 29 gal and i started a fishless cycle with a raw shrimp i just threw in...we'll see how this one goes...but at least i know i wont feel guilty for any deaths due to my own ignorance this time...welcome to AA ang good luck!

well like i said in my earlier posts i used cycle in a bottle by hagen. it said to add 2 capfulls once a week for 2 weeks. then switch to a capfull every week . i put in 2 capfulls. then over the past 2 weeks i probally put in a capfull every 2 or 3 days. i did it on impulse thinking it would help my cycle... so we'll see in a few days if it did anything or not. the water is clear and on the package it says with regular dosage the cycle should be over within a few days. the guy at the pet store said his was done in 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom