Betta bladder bloat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkmuller55

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know now that my betta female has that bladder problem. I have fasted her but day two gave her a small piece of inside pea. She is doing a little better but think she was suppose to fast three days then on fourth the pea. I am so confused and can't stand not feeding her. Anyway I attached a picture of what it has been looking like on her side. It it is the bloating made a small area on her side look weird. The pic isn't a good one but if someone could help figure it out. I clean her water like I should my perimeters are good but I will have to find what I wrote down. She is in 5 gallons of aquarium tank. Sunday I added a little aquarium salt. Feedback please.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Pic of betta with bladder bloat

This goes with my other message

Attachments

• 1470796070912.jpg
    1470796070912.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 57
How is your fish doing? Did you fast for longer - that's a pretty common suggestion here from the local breeders to try.

She swimming a little more once in a while. Her fast day was over and gave her a quarter of the inside pea. She gobbled that right up. I made them real small each section I gave her so she take each right in. Then in the evening I gave her a very small piece of a thawed blood worm. She enjoyed that and feel bad at how hungry she must be. But still does her hang out thing on leaf at the top. She doesn't look as bloated but still has it. Not sure to just feed the worms each day for a couple of days or what to do still.

Update I finally had to put her down yesterday. My vet did it for me so I know it was humanly done. I miss her so much
After everything towards the end she wouldn't close her mouth just kept sucking air and her scales poked out. I had her 1 1/2 years. I was hoping for 5-6 years. Nothing was wrong with the water when tested. And did weekly water changes. I am not sure I am ready yet for another one. This was my sad day doing it.

Really sorry to hear of the loss of your fish.

Take your time and if there is a good match fish for you, you will feel when the time is right.

Sorry for your loss :(

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Back
Top Bottom