Betta breeding!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, my LFS is excited at the prospect of a local betta breeder, too. And she has been getting in fancier males lately, like doubletails and dumbo ears. However I am trying to avoid any new fish or tanks at the moment, since I am moving across town later this month and the tanks I have will be enough of a pain to move. But in the new place I will have a dedicated fish room! Mostly dedicated to betta breeding. I think my next spawn will be my black hmpk Ninja with my red crowntail. I am planning to work towards a ctpk line, so I will be playing with colors for now so I can work the best looking ones I can make. Once I get set up in the new place I want to add more breeding males. As of now I only have one that I want to breed - the other two I adore but they are "mutts" without qualities I want to work with.

My LFS hasn't mentioned the want for a breeder, probably as they can order in crown tails and Halfmoons. Once I move onto show quality bettas and retire the veiltails, I'll ask them I they are interested.

My "fish room" is our basement. It's unfinished with a concrete floor and bare drywall. Perfect for endeavours with water! No worries if wrecking too much!

A bunch of our buddies stuff is down there and one side is a tool bench for all of my mans projects.

It would be nice to have a fish room, but for now I'm happy. I just need another shelf for my 30g, and a better water source than having to unscrew the line to the washing machine every single bloody time I want to do a water change. My man is going to look for a Y to be able to split the water. :)

The BEST part is that there is a drain in the middle of the floor that leads to the sewer so I can just siphon right in there! It's so nice!

I'm jealous of the basement. I live in southern Louisiana where basements aren't really an option. Too far below sea level. I don't have a nice floor drain, but I'm thinking I could manage to hook my water changer up outside the window to hook up to the spigot for the hose. Or I will need to find a longer hose so I can reach the kitchen sink.
My LFS orders in nice bettas, but she is also interested to see what I produce.

I'm jealous of the basement. I live in southern Louisiana where basements aren't really an option. Too far below sea level. I don't have a nice floor drain, but I'm thinking I could manage to hook my water changer up outside the window to hook up to the spigot for the hose. Or I will need to find a longer hose so I can reach the kitchen sink.
My LFS orders in nice bettas, but she is also interested to see what I produce.

Well, one day the basement will have to be finished and I'm not sure what will happen to the fishcapades then.

I got swimmers! And quite a few...gotta pull pappa out soon... air is going an the little guys are flitting all over...forgot how small they are, from my last breed in the 70's, or my eyes have gotten that bad since then :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom