Betta elitism?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used imageshack but my computer was being dumb and it wouldn't let me resize it. I tried it though.

My betta is MUCH better looking in person. That was taken a week after I got him. In the pics you can't really see his crowntail very well.

Pinky, yes, grizzle is basically an ununiform speckling, like on my CT that I posted a pic of. It cropped up in breeders quest to perfect their pastel lines, so they aren't happy when their breeding for a solid pastal & they get something w/ speckles!

Weasel, thanks for pointing out i'd have 50/50, but the babies would be half VT & half *crowntail*, not combtail.

As for naming, I never used to name my bettas until I got back into them. I've only lost 1 out of 11 bettas since Sept. & all had/have names.

Here are my two VT males. Argosy (walmart) is the red marble & Jackson (petsmart) is the multi-color butterfly/marble.

img_617230_0_aa74b02e151d2986c8922f3faf5d2ea1.jpg

img_617230_1_cde4b61405b1c1601dc87a98349e29a4.jpg

[/img]

Hate to rake up a thread that's died down, but you must feel the same way i feel about females. Everybody says females are dull and boring. My girls have as bright of colours as the males, they have .5-.75 inch long fins, they have more exciting personalities than males because they can live in a community with an observable hierarchy. My favorite female looked exactly like this plakat http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=b...quariumthailand.com/product/bettas/betta8.jpg (from vaquariumthailand.com- I don't have a camera that can take pics of fish)
I have had people tell me straight out that this betta was a boy. I had to show them the ovipositor and tell them she's already layed eggs before I could convince them that females can be pretty. I've grown to despise males. If it weren't for my sense of morals, after finding out my current boy is not a candidate for breeding I'd have tossed him in the outside pond as racoon bait. Unfortunately he's a year old and I've got plenty of time left with him. He'll live in the best of conditions and be fed proper but I'm not going to warm up to him. If anybody wants to pick up a gorgeous blue veiltail with superlong fins I'm in Sheboygan...

how do you guys manage to get your betta's to breed??? Jeez.. lol you make it sound so easy. Ive tried and absolutely no luck ever.

I've gotten my female Kichi to breed twice but the first time the bubble nest got wrecked because I was trying to move plants and stuff and the male never saw the eggs leave and then he just ate the rest, then the second time they did hatch but my OTHER male stunk at keeping the bubble nest up and the babies fell out and died lol Infact Kichi's very popular among the males and she's just my baby multicolor veiltail female and I <3 her...her and my other 9 females >__< (>__> I know I'm crazy ...shhhhhhh)

Back
Top Bottom