Brand new, but sick.. Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most of the time he hides behind the filter so I rarely see him but when he comes out he just starts flaring at his reflection.

I think that's more then enough and as far as the pea goes I didn't give it to him yesterday because I didn't have any, but today I am. :)

When I woke up this morning he was just at the bottom. Looking up. I think he might be deformed because his bod curves I'm the middle a little or it's probably due to the swim bladder.

Here he is.
He tries to eat the pellets but spits them out. I tried feeding him blood worms but didn't even put interest to them.

Should I wait and feed a pea tomorrow instead?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393831197.774400.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393831335.782102.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394091620.876029.jpg

He has really improved. Nice and healthy now:)

He has also built a nest of bubbles:)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394091688.510614.jpg

I know:) I'm so glad I was able to save him.

I thought he wasn't going to make it.

Does the nest mean he is happy or he wants to breed?

Congrats! Its amazing how fast they can bounce back once they're in a proper environment instead of those little cups :)

Yes to both. Happy and wanting to breed go hand in hand with just about all fish. They're pretty simple minded :)

Congrats! Its amazing how fast they can bounce back once they're in a proper environment instead of those little cups :)

Yes to both. Happy and wanting to breed go hand in hand with just about all fish. They're pretty simple minded :)

Yeah. I couldn't believe it :)

Awh, well breeding won't be happening, but as long as he is happy:)

Thank you:)

Back
Top Bottom